Pages

Verse A Day

Monday, October 15, 2012

I've been keeping a secret..

 
Proverbs 16:9
In their hearts humans plan their course, but the Lord establishes their steps. 
 
So I've been keeping a secret for a month or so now.  Can you believe it?! A whole month I have known this incredible, exciting, amazing, prayers answered kind of secret and I haven't been able to share it. 

Until now! 

It is with great joy that I share the news that my brother & sister in- law, Jason & Shana, have been chosen to be adoptive parents of a baby girl due in December! 

1 Samuel 1:27
 I  prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him.
 

Words can't begin to describe how excited they are!  We have ALL prayed with them that if it was God's will for them to be parents, that in His perfect time it would happen.  Those prayers are being answered!  To God be the glory!

Now that you are all in on the secret, I need you to do me a favor.  Please put these items on your prayer list.  If you don't have a prayer list.. you should get one!
  • Prayers for the birth mother.  She has personally chosen Jason & Shana & willingly admits that they can give her baby girl a better life than she could.  What an unselfish gift. 
  • Prayers for baby girl!  That the pregnancy continues to go well, and that she is born without any complications or heath issues.  She is going to be perfect, I just know it!
  • Prayers for the rest of the adoption process to go smoothe.  Jason & Shana are beyond thrilled to meet this precious baby girl, but they are also anxious, worried, nervous...  Things don't always turn out the way we hope and pray in the adoption world, so I just ask that you pray specifically that He watch over this whole process and that Jason & Shana experience nothing but JOY!
  • And last but not least, prayers for Jason & Shana!  I know what it's like to look at a calendar and anxiously & patiently wait the arrival of your baby!  Prayers that they have peace throughout this whole process & that as they prepare to become parents, they experience encouragement, prayers & love from each and every one of you reading! 
A year or so ago, I blogged about the beginning of their adoption process here.  The donations received & the hair clips that were sold, helped them raise almost $5000 for this adoption to even be possible!  Jason & Shana wanted me to thank you again for your generous contributions to their adoption fund.  If you didn't get the opportunity to make a donation last year, there is still time! Donations can be mailed to myself or directly to Jason & Shana.  Please contact me or comment on the blog if you need an address!  Adoption is NOT cheap and can be a huge financial burden.  Please prayerfully consider making a donation to help ease this part of the process for them.  Any amount is helpful and appreciated!  Trust me on this, they are the most deserving of every single penny!  Some day this baby girl will know just how lucky she is that God had a perfect plan for her life.

 

   


3 comments:

  1. I'm so over-the-moon excited for them! I will definitely be praying that God will bless them with this perfect baby girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. From one adoptive mama to another, tell them congratulations for me! It is a journey for sure, but so worth it.

    Blessings!

    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have been praying for jason and shana and will continue! so excited for them and your whole gerdes family! melissa mulder

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...