Pages

Verse A Day

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Omaha Zoo!

Derek and I took Boston to the Omaha Zoo today. We left at 7 AM so that we could get there early and enjoy the entire day there! The weather was awesome. A wonderful change from what seems like 2 weeks of rain! We had such a fun time as a family. I've posted several pictures for you to enjoy :)

Ok, so I absolutely HATE rats and mice..and snakes!.. however this baby rat was just too cute!

Boston & Derek walking on the bridge. Boston was too scared to walk by himself.

Derek & Boston in the Aqarium. Boston LOVED watching the sharks!


Boston & Derek trying to get a good look at the Gorilla that was sitting right by the windows. I could watch the Gorilla's for hours! They are just so interesting!


Boston & I on the SkyFari. Derek and I thought it was fun, Boston did NOT enjoy it. He kept saying "we are gonna fall mommy!"

They are having a "name the lion pup" contest so we signed up! We put down the name Boston, since they share the same birthday!! Super neat!





A 3 legged Tiger. The 4th leg had to be amputated when the tiger was a young cub.
A silly family picture!

As soon as we left the Aquarium (which was what Boston talked about the whole way there!) we picked up a stuffed shark for Boston. The shark seems to be in about every picture we took today! :) Boston just loves little stuffed animals. We ended up letting him get one more from the gift shop as we were leaving for the day. Derek tried to talk him into a GIANT stuffed alligator, but Derek scared Boston with it and made him cry! He picked a little baby gorilla instead:)


Boston climbing in the "Desert Dome".


This is the stuffed animal that Derek scared Boston with. Derek came around the corner of the isle with the alligators mouth open, like it was going to bite Boston. Boston jumped off the floor he was so scared..and then he cried. I felt so bad for him!

2 comments:

  1. Great name suggestion for the little lion! Do you win something if they pick your name??

    Funny about the stuffed alligator...Mike would do the same thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like a fun day! great family pictures (especially the silly one!) Derek would scare Boston with the gator! Hope your name gets picked :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...