Pages

Verse A Day

Thursday, August 26, 2010

A few hilights of our week..

I didn't take a single picture this week, so i'm just going to be sharing words tonight :)

Our week has been busy, which is typical. I'm feeling well and finally able to eat like normal and get some energy back.  I think Derek was a bit concerned for a few weeks.. as he'd come home from work in the evenings and i was lounging..like i'd done all afternoon!  I think I went an entire week without doing housework and letting the laundry pile up which is NOT like me!  Week 6 & 7 of the pregnancy were not good.  I felt awful, was queezy whenever I was sitting up and all I wanted to do was sleep.  Thank goodness that has passed!  Onto week #10 now!  I ran to the mall real quick today and just so happened to pass the baby section at Old Navy.  I'm in SERIOUS trouble if this baby is girl.  I may even have to return to work full time just to pay for my shopping!  Ok, so maybe it wouldn't be that bad..but it will be hard not to shop!!  Baby girl clothes are so damn adorable!

Boston has had a good and bad week.  He is now sleeping downstairs in his new room, but for some reason has been peeing his pants once an afternoon.  Today was the 4th day in a row of having an accident so he is without tv and playing outside until Saturday.  It's gonna be a LONG afternoon tomorrow :)  So far he's done well sleeping in the basement.  Derek is downstairs on the couch (long story..he calls me the "sleep nazi"..to make it short, he snores and wiggles way too much and i can't sleep!)  so I think that is making Boston feel safer in the basement.  This weekend we'll move his dresser and other bedroom decor down there to make it official.  In the next few months we'll slowly start redoing the bedroom upstairs to get ready for the baby!  Boston also got a chore chart this week.  He's been doing very well about helping me around the house with different things.  We've decided on giving him a weekly allowance so that he can learn the concept of earning, saving and spending.  He says he wants a transformer...  my guess is he'll get his allowance this weekend and go blow it right away.  I can't see him being a saver for a big prize!

Tonight we had preschool orientation.  Boston will start next week Wed.  He's excited and so are we!  It'll be nice to get into the routine of school again.  He has a new teacher and mostly new classmates so it'll be fun for him to make new friends again. 

Boston was in trouble the other night for peeing his pants.  Derek was scolding him at the supper table.  When Derek scolds Boston he gives him the "look" and stares at him to keep his attention.  Finally after Derek was done talking Boston said "Dad can you please stop staring at me now!".  I about spit my food out of my mouth I was laughing so hard.  Derek on the other hand did not think it was funny :)

That's about it for us!  Hope you all enjoy your weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...