For those of you that don't know what a Junebug is, here is a brief explanation! When I found out I was pregnant with Boston I joined an online forum with other women expecting babies in June of 2006. We have been "online friends" since the fall of 2005! We have lost quite a few group members over the years but there are still a good group of us that have stuck together all this time. I'm not sure on the exact numbers, but my guess would be there were over 100 women in the group when it first started and now there are maybe 50. Some of the ladies that quit the forum are still on facebook, so technically we all still keep in touch! The forum was a LIFE saver when we were going through things as new parents. I would post my concern or question and minutes later my Junebug friends were replying with their advice or experiences. I have met 10 Junebugs now. I made a few trips to Texas for larger meet ups, my friend Jo and her daughter Eva come to SD to visit us, AND I made a trip to Vegas with a few of the girls! Most recenly, while we were in Milwaukee, WI, I met Laura and Tyler. Laura only lives an hour from Milwaukee, so they made the trip to meet up with us at the zoo for the afternoon. I remember the first time Boston and I traveled to Texas to meet some of my friends for the first time.. my family thought I was crazy flying to another state to spend 3 days with complete strangers! The thing ,we are not COMPLETE strangers. I know more about my Junebug friends than I know about my friends that live in Sioux Falls and vice versa! And it was never really akward meeting any of them in person. It was like we had known each other our entire lives. We greet each other with hugs, and say sad goodbyes. I feel extremely blessed to have stumbled upon such a great group of ladies! Here are some pictures of our meet up with Laura and Tyler!
Tyler & Boston
And the hilite of our zoo trip... yes...this actually happened in front of everyone! I have never laughed so hard at a zoo!
Thank you Laura and Tyler for taking the time to come and meet us! We had an awesome time, and hope to see you again some day!
We had a wonderful time meeting you both! I wish we lived closer together, but I know that we'll get together again someday!
ReplyDeleteYou did a great job describing Junebugs--we will always have a special bond!
Love you!!