Time consuming is all I have to say about pumpkin carving! I just spent 2 hours carving 1 pumpkin for Boston. Last year was our first year of carving and we did the Disney Cars characters. The pumpkins turned out so neat and Boston just loved them. This year he picked out the Super Hero kit. We also got another kit of fun Halloween things. We've had 5 pumpkins on our front step for 2 weeks so figured since Halloween is less than 2 weeks away we best get busy carving! One a day is my limit though! It's stressful and those damn carving tools are so CHEAP. I went through 2 little carving knives tonight so off to the store I go tomorrow to get some more tools! All for a little 4 year old who thinks his lit up pumpkins on the front step are the coolest thing on the block! :)
Boston holding up the carving stencil he picked for tonight.... The Hulk!
Me working very hard...and concentrating on my work. Photo: Compliments of Boston
Boston helping.
2 hours later we can finally tell it's The Hulk!
"Mama, I love my pumpkin"
Boston and I on the front step lighting up the finished product!
He's very excited... and only 4 more pumpkins to go! (Notice Jaxon in the window..he was whining because we wouldn't let him outside!)
wowsers! i didn't even know they made stencil things you could use to carve pumpkins! good job...turned out great! can't wait to see the others! p.s. I like the last post you wrote as well. I'm also thankful that time in you guys' life is over and your family is back together again...definitely the way it should be for all of you! love you!
ReplyDelete