Pages

Verse A Day

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Christmas #1

This past Sunday we celebrated Christmas with Derek's mom and siblings.  We had a fun filled day of eating, gift opening and games.  I would say the hi-lite of the day was the "gag" gift exchange!  It was so much fun having Tim, Chels and Jeremiah home for the holiday.  Boston just adores Jeremiah!  Here are some pictures from our day!

Boston got a Lite Brite from Grandma Glady!  I am so excited to play this with him!  I remember loving this as a kid!
 Boston and Aunt Chels
 Boston rocking out with his new guitar from Uncle Ja and Aunt Shana!  He said it was awesome!
 Every year Glady gives Boston an ornament, and she writes his name and year on it!  We love adding them to his tree! 
 Glady and the boys with their new ornaments!
 New Leap Frog Tag Reader books!  Boston loves his tag reader!
Onto the "gag" gifts!  The Wickedly Hot Chocolate Body Lotion was a hot item!  Derek ended up stealing it from Tim..along with the Hawkeye jersey that Jason was giving away! Poor Chels, she was so excited about Tim getting this!
 
 Part of Shana's gift!  I believe this came from Glady!
Derek thought it would be funny to give parts of our dog away!  He gave a baggie of dog food, a dog treat, and a chunk of fur that he made me cut off the dog earlier that morning! Poor Jaxon! 
 Jeff & G modeling their new specs!  More glasses of Jerry's that Glady was giving away!  Last year Jeff got an entire grocery bag full of glasses that Jerry had collected!
 And this was by far the funniest of the gifts! I wrapped up 2 pieces of lingerie i'd gotten from Glady this past year. One was given to Derek last year in the gag exchange, and the other Glady had given to me for my 30th birthday this summer!  Along with the 2 pieces of lingerie were "naughty dice" that were just collecting dust in my drawer :)  Absolutely hilarious!  I hadn't laughed so hard in a long time! 
 I think Derek was the only one excited about his "gag" gift, he even had to model it for us! 
 The cutest little boys ever! 

One other memorable gift this year was the box of golf balls that each of the boys got.  They were actually purchased by Jerry before he passed away.  He had intended on giving them to the boys last year at Christmas.  Glady couldn't part with them last year so gave them to the boys this year.  Very neat! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...