Pages

Verse A Day

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy New Year!!

It's hard to believe 2010 has come and gone.  We had a BIG year!  Here are some of our hi-lites!
  • We finished our basement!
  • Derek and I got remarried in May!
  • Because of Derek's success at Billion GMC I was able to go from working full time (40+ hours a week as a supervisor) to part time! (20 hours a week with every afternoon off...lots of pool time in the summer!)    
  • We found out in July we are expecting baby #2!
  • We went on a family vacation in August to Milwaukee, WI where Boston attended his first MLB game (Go Brewers!) & Derek got to attend his first ever PGA Golf Tournament! 
  • Derek and I both celebrated our 30th Birthday's with family and friends!
2011 will be another big year for us but we are ready!  In just a few months our family of 3 will be a family of 4!  That in itself will be an adjustment for everyone involved :)  We are overly excited to meet this little miracle but do realize it will take time to adjust to a newborn in the house again.  Life has been quite simple for us these past few years as Boston is very independent and is easily self entertained with his super hero's and oodles of other toys!  It's been easy for us to jump in the car at the spur of the moment and head to the grocery store, go out to eat or to a movie or pack our pool bag and head to Wild Water West for an entire afternoon.  This will all change when there is a baby in the mix, but I know we will all adjust..in time!  Boston will be 5 this June and at times I feel like this is my first pregnancy all over again.  I find myself worrying about all the same things I did when we were awaiting Boston's arrival.  How often will the baby need to eat, and how much?  What do we have to get yet before the baby comes?  How will labor go? etc. And our biggest worry is:  What if this baby is colicky like Boston was?! I know it's silly to worry too much about these things because it'll all be ok...even if the baby screams for 4 straight hours at the same time every day!   
We hope you all had a wonderful 2010 and that you and your families were Blessed just as our family was.  We pray that 2011 is even more incredible for all of you! 

Boston is really into guitars lately so I got out my moms old guitar from the storage room.  My mom bought this guitar when she was in high school!  Boston had a blast playing with it and making up his own songs!
 Santa brought a really neat (and messy!) Play Doh Supermarket Store for Boston.  He has a lot of fun making all different kinds of foods. Chocolate ice cream cone or popsicle anyone?! 
 Don't worry, he isn't drinking wine!  It's "kid beer" (sparkling cider) in a wine glass!  Boston has a thing with wine glasses.  The other day he wanted his OJ in a wine glass with his breakfast!     

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...