Pages

Verse A Day

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

A special visitor!

My cousin (more like a best friend!) Kerry from Fresno, CA flew in early Friday evening for a 3 day visit!  It has been a few years since she has been back to SD so it was great to see her!  She came back to see Brigham and visit family, so we didn't do a lot other than eating, visiting and taking care of Brigham and Boston!  She flew home late Monday afternoon, so it was a quick trip, but so refreshing for me to be able to hang out with another adult for a few days!  I get a little lonesome at home with the boys all the time as Derek has had some long days/weeks at work lately. 

So on Monday I had a panic attack!  It was time to pump so I went to get my pump going and noticed that both of the tubing pieces are snapped off of the machine!  Boston must have bumped my pump bag while he was horsing around in the living room.  He is SO energetic and constantly jumping off this and that and I had told him 10 times that afternoon to settle down and go downstairs to play... for THIS very reason!  I am so paranoid he's going to fall on Brigham, knock Brigham out of his bouncy chair or wake Brigham up because he never plays quietly..  Anyway, thank goodness my mom was at the house because I immediately called Avera Home Medical Equipment (it was almost 5 o'clock).  Luckily they are open until 6 PM!  I jumped in the car and drove as fast as I could in hopes they had a replacement part for me.  Come to find out the faceplate for my pump is discontinued but luckily the faceplate to another model worked and it was only $8!  I was in tears when I saw the pump was broken because I immediately freaked out and thought "How am I going to feed my baby?!"  Anyway, it was a cheap fix, Brigham is still getting fed, and Boston learned a good lesson about WHY he needs to play in the toy room!

Brigham is a month old already!  I knew time was going to go fast, which makes me sad..  but so glad he is healthy and growing!  He is awake quite a bit more this last week and starting to smile at us.  I love that :)  He has grown out of his newborn clothes so is finally wearing 0-3 month stuff, although he swims in some of it yet!  Not for long i'm sure.  I think he looks more and more like Boston as a baby as the days go by.  I get out Boston's newborn picture album quite a bit to compare different pictures.  Brigham still isn't sleeping all that wonderfully during the night but hopefully in the next few weeks it'll improve.  He is up every 3 hours to eat, and will some times have a hard time staying asleep when it's time to put him back in bed.  I think he'd prefer to be held, so we are working at laying him down awake so that he can calm himself to sleep some of the time.  He has done pretty well the past few nights as he's adjusting to sleeping in his crib rather than in the pack and play next to our bed.  I'm also sleeping a little more sound as i'm not hearing every grunt, coo or movement! 

This last month has gone so fast, and every moment, even the stressful times, have been so incredibly wonderful.  Happy 1 Month Brigham!  We all love you so much!

Brigham wasn't so sure about tummy time that day!
 My cousin Kerry with the boys!
 That's not a very brave face but it's a super cute onesie!
 Hanging out at the hotel pool while Boston swam!
 He had the whole pool to himself!
 Where's Boston?!
 Practice makes perfect daddy :)  Derek hates changing the dirty diapers!
 I went to wake Boston up for school on Monday morning and this is what I saw!  Boston was buried under his pillows and blankets and he had his balloon in bed with him.

 Boston is getting a lot better at holding Brigham.  He now holds him about a minute at a time rather than 30 seconds!
 Kerry, the boys and Grandma Peggy
 Kerry, the boys, and Me!
Brigham was overly tired but wouldn't stay sleeping in the crib..or in the boppy so I tried the bouncy seat and it worked!

 One Month Old! 
 Daddy's All Star :)


Big ole' cheesy smile from Boston!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...