Pages

Verse A Day

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Brigham's 2 Month Check up!

So as I sit here this morning reading a good friends blog (the Elgersma Buzz) about how they have a baby sleeping through the night, I am about to post about my little guy NOT sleeping well at all:)  I think we should switch babies for a few nights?! 

Brigham is 2 months old now, and still not sleeping the best.  I made the mistake of looking back at Boston's 'First Year' calendar where I made notes about his eating, sleeping and daily activities.  Boston was sleeping from about 9:30 PM- 6 AM at 2 months of age...  Brigham is no where near that! 

I took him in for his 2 month check up and shots on Monday the 23rd.  The doctor decided to bump up his dose of prevacid to a half a tablet in the morning and night rather than a 1/4 tablet.  The medicine does seem to be helping, so hopefully with a half a pill he will improve even more.  His stuffy nose, which was a huge issue during the night, has gotten much better.  We have hardly noticed it in the last week, so that's good news!  Brigham weighs 11 pounds 4 oz, and is 22 inches long.  A healthy boy!  Our only other concern for the doctor, besides the fact that he isnt sleeping the best, was that he really favors turning his head to one side.  The doctor just encouraged us to try stretching his neck muscles by gently turning his head to the other side and massaging his neck muscles.  We just need to keep an eye on his head so that he doesn't start getting any flat spots on the one side that he favors.  We'll see how it goes in the next few weeks.  We are considering taking him to a chirorpractor if we don't see any improvements.  At the end of the appointment Brigham got his shots.  It just breaks my heart seeing them poke his little legs and it broke Boston's too because even Boston cried.  He felt bad for his little brother. 

Brigham is still getting 100% breast milk, but soon I am going to start introducing some formula.  I am hoping that will help fill up his tummy for longer periods and to be honest, I am just sick of pumping!  And as if Brigham wasn't sleeping well to begin with, I am refusing to resort to the bouncy seat in the bathroom anymore for his naps during the day.  He sleeps fine in his crib at night (well for 3-4 hour stretches) so he needs to figure out his crib for nap time too.  Yesterday he took a 3 hour nap in his crib, and is actually sleeping in their again right now for his morning nap so hopefully it's an easy adjustment for him.  My Junebug friends suggested we are also start a 'bed time' routine each night.  So last night around 7:30 we did bath time, jammies, a little play time and then a bottle, so hopefully a consistant night time routine will also help in getting him to sleep better. 

Boston is done with school for the summer!  It's so nice not having to get him up and ready for school 3 days a week.  After a sleepless night with Brigham, some mornings I felt like I was driving to school half asleep!  Boston loves his sleep like his mommy, so most mornings he is in bed until 9 or so!  Oh how I miss those days:)  We made a trip to the zoo on Saturday afternoon.  We have a family pass this year so i'm sure we'll be visiting the animals a lot this summer!  On Sunday afternoon, Boston went swimming at the Brandon Holiday Inn for his friend Savaeh's birthday.  He was the only girl at the party but he didn't mind!  It is hard to believe that in 3 weeks Boston will be turning 5!  He has really 'grown up' in the last few months.  He was my only baby for so long so seemed small to me until Brigham came along.  Now Boston seems to have grown several inches and gained a few pounds.  He's such a big boy now and an awesome Big Brother and helper for me!

Brigham wearing the outfit that Boston wore home from the hospital.  'Handsome Like Daddy'
 This bib is just too cute!
 I love these boys so much!
Another boy in the house to control the TV!
 I know I blog a lot about Brigham and I would never want Boston to feel left out so today I took some pictures of my BIG boy:)  He's one silly kid!


 We are going to do a lot of 'school time' this summer to help Boston with his letters and numbers before preschool next year.   Hopefully by doing some fun things at home this summer he'll be more interested in school next year!
I just love his mornings smiles for his mommy!  Brigham-9 weeks old!

1 comment:

  1. If we switched, it'd probably be the one night Chloe woke up! Do you have any idea why your updates don't show up on my blog list in my account? I have a list of blogs that I follow and when I log into my account ( like to update my blog) it shows updates from all the blogs I follow and your last update is like 4 months ago? Weird.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...