So my original blog post was deleted as the website was having 'technical difficulties'. They were able to recover a rough draft, so I am reposting. Damn you blogger!
I had a wonderful Mothers Day! Derek and the boys are so good to me and I love them all so much! I'm a very lucky wife and mother!
As much as I love being a mom, I will be honest with all of you and admit that I really miss my sleep and that I am exhausted. Brigham is still not sleeping well at night and it's starting to get frustrating. I took him to the doctor on Monday because he has had a stuffy nose again for the last week which is only making his sleeping patterns worse. After a lot of discussion as to how Brigham sleeps and eats, the pediatrician diagnosed him with possible reflux. We started him on prilosec, one time a day. It's a liquid medication and we are to give it to him a half hour before he eats in the evening. Some times it's hard to time when he'll eat exactly so hopefully the medication will still be effective if we are a bit off on our timing. Brigham does not spit up or scream in pain during his feeding or after, so the reflux diagnosis came as a shock to me. I did some online research when I got home and several of the symptoms listed for reflux Brigham does have.
*Poor sleep habits, and frequent waking: This is definetely one of Brigham's issues! We are even keeping him elevated while he sleeps and he is still waking up.
*Drooling: There have been a few times i've wiped up drool from his mouth and thought "He can't be getting teeth already!"..
*Wet burps: Not always, but at times, he will let out a really good burp and it will sound like he has spit up half of his bottle!
*Breathing problems: Which could explain his stuffy nose all the time?! He really only sounds stuffy at night. He will go to bed around 10 and wake up around 2 for his first bottle. That stretch is great and he sleeps sound, but once he wakes up at 2 and eats, he is up about every hour or hour and a half after that. His nose gets stuffed up and he sounds snorty. He gets startled and can't catch his breath and get back to sleep on his own. If we pick him up and hold him a bit and give him his paci he usually falls back to sleep quite quickly but after we put him back to bed, it's only good for short period of time. We are just hoping there are significant improvements soon.
Boston is staying busy with tball twice a week. We've enjoyed the nice days this past week and have spent a lot of time outside. Here are some pictures from our week!
Play time!
Boston's Tball Team
Cartoons on Mothers Day morning!
My beautiful Mothers Day Flowers!
Great Grandpa Harold meeting Brigham for the first time on Mothers Day!
They absolutely adore the great-grand children!
Paisley always loves to hold the baby!
So precious in daddy's arms!
Boston learned to "pump" his legs so he can swing all by himself now!
And he loves to JUMP OFF!
Pull ups! He has so much energy!
My lili's starting to come up!
Bumbo time! He is getting so strong at sitting up!
Boston wanted his picture taken with the lamb :)
I love this shirt :)




















No comments:
Post a Comment