Pages

Verse A Day

Monday, July 4, 2011

4th of July!

I didn't think we really had a lot going on for the Holiday weekend, but now that I sit and think about it... we were hardly home!  It was gorgeous weather so most of our time was spent outdoors! 

Sunday, we spent the afternoon at Oakwood State Park.  My mom and Lacey were camping with their families so my mom planned a family get-together.  A few of my mom's distant relatives were able to make it, so it was fun to visit with them and see my grandparents.  Brigham screamed in the car as soon as we left home, so by the time we were on the interstate I was in the backseat holding him.  I know this is NOT the wisest thing to do, but it was an hour and a half drive and after 10 minutes of the blood curdling scream I was in tears and just couldn't take it anymore.  We were driving down 41st street and I had my ears plugged and my eyes closed.. I was silently praying for it to stop.  He hates the car and i'm not sure what to do about it!  He was not his normal self all afternoon, so Derek and I and my mom took turns sitting with him in the camper.  The ride home was a little better.  The screaming didn't start until we had been on the road for 30 minutes..
Auntie Lacey & Brigham
 My Grandpa & Grandma Brendsel
 The kids had fun getting each wet with squirt guns!
 Holdyn
 

This morning we met up with the Elgersma family in Lennox and enjoyed a good ole' small town 4th of July parade!  Boston & Jada got plenty of candy, soda, ice cream treats & popsicles and even a donut!   After the parade we went to J & Renae's for lunch, and then Boston and Jada played outside in the sprinkler, pool and slip and slide!  When we got home Boston said 'Mom, Jada has way cooler toys than me'. 
The Elgersma's & The Gerdes' with the babies!
 Boston & Jada shading themselves before the parade started!

 Watching the parade!
 Gotta love Boston in the floaty!

Brigham still wasn't himself today, and hasn't been eating the best for a few days, so I decided I better take him to Urgent Care.  They ruled out ear infection and strep throat, so that's a relief.  When I mentioned to the doctor that I thought he was teething, he suggested orajel and tylenol so we made a stop at Walgreens.  I'm hoping those things will give him some relief.  I have been looking in his mouth the past few days for teeth and today it is definetely more noticeable that 2 bottom teeth are trying to come through.
 
We hope you all had a wonderful 4th of July with your friends & family! 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...