Chili- Courtesy of Renae Elgersma
Brown 2 lb's hamburger with diced onion. Drain & add to large pot.
(I used the largest pot I had and it was almost over flowing! 'Larger Pot' is on my Christmas Wish List :) The second time I made it in the crock pot and that worked great!)
2- 15 oz. cans diced tomato, not drained (I went with plain diced tomato's the first time, and the second time I bought diced tomato with chilie's & green peppers. Whatever floats your boat, but Derek loved the spiced up version!)
1 large Mrs. Grimes Chili Beans, not drained
46 oz. Veg. Juice
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp chili powder (add more to spice it up!)
3 Tbsp brown sugar
Simmer on stove for 1 hour. When I made in the crock pot I cooked it on low for an entire afternoon, and it was just as delicious! I also added in some left over green onion's the second time and Derek commented several times how awesome my chili was! I grinned from ear to ear!
A good bowl of chili is not complete without some shredded cheese & a 'dollop of daisy'.
Or jalepeno's. Derek puts jalepeno's on everything I make. Not sure if he just likes that added spice, or if he's trying to add to the blah flavor?!
And if your looking for something to make with the chili, try this bread! Buy a loaf of french bread (The 'Everything' seasoned bread is FABULOUS!), slice it up and one one half spread butter and garlic, and on the other side spread cheese whiz. Put the loaf back together, wrap in foil and bake at 325 for 15 minutes, or until toasted. Trust me on this, you will not be disappointed!
Rhodes cinnamon rolls are also a great addition to a chili day!
Rhodes cinnamon rolls are also a great addition to a chili day!
No comments:
Post a Comment