We already had a long sleeved white onesie with some stains on it, so I used that as the base for the costume. I also had a super cute Owl hat already, so the color scheme of the costume was based off of that hat! Brilliant I know :) Here are the simple steps to the costume!
Supplies Needed:
- Felt
- Hot Glue Gun
- Onesie or T-shirt
I started with the sleeves. I wanted a firm wing, so I glued a piece of white felt to the sleeve, and then attached the 'feathers'!
This is the base of the wing.
I then cut out a pattern to follow for the 'feather' pieces! Some I cut out individually and others I did all in a row. It really just depended on the size of the felt I was working with.
One wing done!
Both wings complete! There is really no rhyme or reason to the color pattern. Just piece it together however you think it looks best!
Next I started with the neck of the onesie. Once the neck was complete I found it was easiest to start from the bottom and work my way up with the feathers!
The completed project! I put this together with a brown pair of sweat pants that we already had, and also made some 'feet', using a pair of socks and then glued on feather and orange claws! I just slipped the socks right over his shoes! It ended up looking adorable!
What a Hoot!
Cutest Owl ever!
The costume was a hit!
No comments:
Post a Comment