My husband calls it 'The Great Subway Debate of 2011'. He read my blog update on Sunday and hasn't stopped talking about it since. He called me yesterday from work to tell me that everyone at Billion was on his side, and that the consensus was that it was my fault for not toasting a hot sub, even if Derek hadn't requested it.
He even called up his buddy Evan & his wife Jen to get both of their opinions on the matter. They are Derek's 'go-to' couple when we have an argument about something silly and he needs an outsiders opinion. Evan was on my side: Derek hadn't requested it toasted so he shouldn't be bitching. Jen on the other hand (I can't believe you are on Gerd's side Jen!) thinks I should know my husband well enough to know exactly how he likes his sandwich :)
He's never going to let me forget this. He compares it to 'The Great Dome Dog Debate of 2003' when Evan got him a plain hot dog at a Vikings game. Derek still says 'Who doesn't put ketchup on their hot dog?!'
I have a poll set up on the home page of our blog, so please put in your vote! I'm real curious to see what others think about this, and I'm positive I will come out winning in the end! :)
So to put this to rest, I packed Derek some snacks for work today, along with a little note...
'Love keeps no record of wrongs..' It's the verse Derek brings up many times throughout the year when I get upset about something and can't get over it!
Love you honey, but I'm right on this!
I think it sounds like Derek should get his own food...win/win for everybody:) My vote was that Derek should be more specific but I also think a hotdog def. needs ketchup so I guess it's just case by case:)
ReplyDeleteHe didn't tell you my entire opinion. Although I think that you should have toasted his sub if that's how he normally gets it, if he didn't specify then he can't complain. :)
ReplyDeleteOh Jamie this is too funny. I am so lucky there, Terry will eat anything put in front of him even if he doesn't like it. he never complains.
ReplyDeleteAnd I for one love my hotdogs without ketchup, just a plain hotdog on a bun.