Pages

Verse A Day

Saturday, December 17, 2011

A Crafter-Week!

I warned you all I was taking some 'me' time this month and it's been so refreshing!  I have enjoyed Christmas movies at night, gotten my holiday shopping done & all gifts wrapped, and I've finished 2 books, and am on the 3rd and final in the series!  (The Hunger Games trilogy is incredibly awesome!  A must read if you haven't already!)  I have also done a few crafts projects this month that I wanted to share!
I made Brigham's 1st Christmas Ornament!  I found the idea here
 Such a neat keepsake!
  
I wanted to give each of my GEMS girls a little something for Christmas, so I made them each a hair clip & a bookmark for their Bibles!  They are so cute, and I made 20 of them for $4!  Such an inexpensive hand-made gift idea.  Thank you Pinterest!  There are SO many colors and styles of paperclips out there, but when I saw the cross shaped clips at Hobby Lobby I snatched them up right away!  They were perfect!
I also made FAMILY blocks for a gift!  If you would like to see my how-to blog, click here!  This is another inexpensive home-made gift that everyone loves! 
I posted this picture on Facebook a month ago...
Boston did the same thing to his crib so I should have known this day would come.  I was so bummed, but then thought 'Oh well, it's just a crib!'   I did however want to prevent this from happening to all of the other sides of the crib so that if/when there is ever a 3rd little Gerdes the crib isn't completely trashed.  I searched multiple websites for a cute crib rail protector & made a trip to Toys R Us. HOLY CRAP, some of those guards are expensive and I just couldn't justify spending that kind of money.  I have really become quite frugal with my spending.  You would think I was Dutch!  My husband hates it, but some day he'll be thanking me.  Any hoo, I finally stumbled upon this idea on Navigating The Mothership!  Check it out.  I spent $9 on fleece and LOVE the results!

The daycare kids & I have also been busy crafting fun Christmas things!


So yeah, that's my crafting recap!  Happy Holidays!    







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...