When I get too many things on my to-do list, I seem to spin in circles throughout the day. One minute I was folding clothes, and the next, Brigham had a dirty diaper for me to change. After I was done with diaper duty I started picking up all the toys in the living room so I could vacuum, and I forgot all about the clothes scattered on the kitchen table that I was supposed to be folding. That's when I took a minute to say 'Ok, Jamie. Slow down. Quit being so scatter brained and just finish one project before you start another. Stop spinning!'. And then an hour passed and I decided I better sit down at the laptop to catch up on some blogging, bills & balancing of the budget. Speaking of budget. I love mint.com! My husband hates it. He gets annoyed when I say 'Honey, no eating out this week because we already spent those funds for the month.'... I had never worked with a budgeting software before because I was too cheap to pay for a program, but this is free and it's awesome. You should check it out, especially if you have a goal for the new year to 'spend less and save more' like I do.
Alright, so where was I. Oh, ya, I thought it was time to sit down at the laptop, but then the dryer buzzed that another load was done. It's bedding, so I figured I better step away from the computer and get Boston's bed put back together, or it would bed time and he wouldn't have sheets or blankets on his bed. As I am downstairs I see that the toy room is a disaster zone. Literally, every single toy, Lego, puzzle, and super hero was covering every single inch of an entire room and then some. So after the bed was put back together, I ventured into the toy room.
Another hour had passed before I finally made my way back upstairs to the computer. The clothes are still on the kitchen table waiting to be folded. Do you ever feel like you are spinning in circles like this? Seriously, it was mentally exhausting. There are still no 'Gerdes family happenings' typed up, but I did get some time to blog, and I'm feeling less dizzy.
Jamie's 2012 Bucket List
1. Have more meals at the
table. All 4 of us. With prayer and devotions.
2. Take a 'big' vacation. Disney World would be fun.
3. Make a monthly date night a priority.
4. Learn to knit, crochet, or quilt, or all 3.
5. Read the entire Bible.
6. Finish 10 years of my Grandma Ellen's diaries.
7. Help out a local organization by gathering volunteers or collecting items or money to donate.
8. Spend smart & save more!
9. Send out Birthday, Get Well, or Thinking of You cards to people who wouldn't be expecting it.
10. Get my 4th tattoo. Brigham's name.
2. Take a 'big' vacation. Disney World would be fun.
3. Make a monthly date night a priority.
4. Learn to knit, crochet, or quilt, or all 3.
5. Read the entire Bible.
6. Finish 10 years of my Grandma Ellen's diaries.
7. Help out a local organization by gathering volunteers or collecting items or money to donate.
8. Spend smart & save more!
9. Send out Birthday, Get Well, or Thinking of You cards to people who wouldn't be expecting it.
10. Get my 4th tattoo. Brigham's name.
11. Have a more efficient approach at my to-do lists'.
P.S. I'm off to Colman tomorrow to volunteer at The Rescue Church! Not only was 'What is going on in my heart' my 2nd most popular post, with 306 hits, but I even recruited a few more volunteers! And all God's people said, Amen!
No comments:
Post a Comment