Pages

Verse A Day

Monday, March 26, 2012

Sock Monkey Crafts

I mentioned weeks ago in a blog post that I had been working on some crafts.  I wanted to share pictures right away of what I was up too, but because the birthday party theme was a secret until the invites were sent out, I had to wait to post about it all!  I spent hours browsing different blogs and party websites for idea's, and I 'pinned' numerous sock monkey idea's on Pinterest.  I obviously had a budget, so I had to limit the craziness.  It just blows me away how some go ALL OUT for birthday parties these days! 

The birthday banners were simple.  I cut out a triangle shape and traced it numerous times on different pieces of scrapbook paper.  I used brown ribbon to thread the triangles together for a banner! 


I found a few different photo banner idea's that I liked, so I incorporated them all into one.  I cut out 12, 6x6 squares and glued a 4x4 picture on each one.  I hot glued the picture squares to brown ribbon, and then separated each picture with a clothes pin that I had decorated.  I do not own a Cricut.   This project would have been much easier if I did, but I made do!  This was my favorite craft!  After the party on Sunday I took the banner apart and made each picture page into a mini scrapbook! That idea was all my own!  Genius, I know.  :)  I'm going to write some of my favorite memories from each month in the scrapbook, but that is still a work in progress!   


The sock monkey puppet party favor was super cute!  Very time consuming, but well worth it.  I found the idea here, but there wasnt a template to use so I had to free hand all the monkey parts.  If anyone would like to make these, comment on the blog (include your email address) and I will happily email you a copy of my template to save you the time in making your own!  I packaged up each party favor in a ziplock bag with instructions.  I had a few of the pieces already put together, and they were all labeled, so it was simpler for the little ones.  I had thought of having a table set up for the kids to make them AT the party, but it was complete chaos with all the people in our tiny house so I just sent them home with the kids to do on their own.
 


The party hat took some brainstorming.  I had seen several cute party hats that you could purchase on Etsy, but I couldn't justify spending $20+ just on a hat!  This hat probably cost me $3 to make.  Not near as cute as the $20 ones, but still fun!  I made a cone shape with scrapbook paper and then covered it in felt.  The #1 was also made out of felt.  I added some scrapbook paper to the bottom of the hat and then tied on some ribbon.  This looked so cute on Brigham.....after the party was over!  I totally forgot to have him wear it at the party.   


I had so much fun making all of the party supplies and I love how it all turned out!


    

7 comments:

  1. I would love a copy of the monkey puppet template. Thank you so much for providing this as a resource. Fabulous party! My email address is shannonkleonard@gmail.com.

    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Shannon! I just saw this now! I will get you a copy emailed as soon as possible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I would also love a copy of the monkey template. Thank you so much for offering this! My email address is: landisvillegirl@gmail.com

    Thanks!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so sorry I am just seeing this now! I will email you now. Hopefully it's not too late, and if it is..my apologies again!

      Delete
  4. I love the sock monkey craft idea in the ziplock bag, can you send me the template to tammjohnson@gmail.com? I am doing a sock monkey 1st bday for my son and have been looking for a take home. Thanks for the great idea and your willingness to share.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I emailed you! Hopefully you are able to open the attachments!

      Delete
  5. I love this idea too... could you send me the template elizabeth.d.grossman@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...