Pages

Verse A Day

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Lack of Blogging..

I realize my blogging has lacked significantly these past few months, and for numerous reasons.. 

For starters, selling a home, and purchasing a home, is a TON of work..physically and emotionally.  My stress is at an all time high and I have decided that if all goes as planned, we will be living in our new home until my dear husband or children ship me off to a nursing home!  Ok, so maybe that isn't 100% true, but I do know our next home will be our home for many years.  It is bittersweet packing up to move, but we are also very excited for the next chapter in life!  Our garage is full of boxes, and there is still a lot to pack up.  Hoping to take our first truck load of boxes and 'stuff' to the new house on Wednesday this week!     

Secondly, my heart has been heavy this past week after reading hateful, and hurtful things on Facebook about the Rescue Church in Colman, a church that I have a strong passion for, and where I have met GREAT Christian people.  I have wanted to say so much, but have said very little.  Never in my life have I had to 'stand my ground' about what I believe when it comes to my faith, until now.  The words I have read and the numerous 'shared' feeds on Facebook from family and friends will not alter my own personal feeings about the church, or it's mission in the Colman and Flandreau communities.  I am confident they are preaching His truth's and it is my prayer that 'this too shall pass' and that in time, the community will welcome the church and it's people with open arms. 

Aside from babysitting a few days a week, packing up boxes, getting window blinds and a new washer and dryer picked out and ordered, I have also taken on a new role with the MS (Multiple Scerosis) Society!  I have felt it on my heart for many months to get involved with a volunteer opportunity through a local organization.  I was leaning towards a role with the MOPS program at our church, but just wasn't sure it was a good fit for me.  I had actually put the idea of volunteering on the 'back burner' until a message popped up on Facebook one day that the MS Society was looking to fill a few volunteer roles for the SD MS Bike Ride!  I just feel it's such a perfect way for me to help out with an organization that hits so close to home.  My grandma LaVonne and Derek's aunt Mary both suffer from MS, along with many others that we know.  I rode in the 150 mile bike ride a few summers ago and it was brutal.  Exercise just isn't my thing unless it's going on walks with the kids, or running around in the backyard playing with the boys.  So, since I am a complete wimp, I am pretty certain I won't attempt another MS Bike 150 so what better way to still help out such a great organization than to volunteer my time to help get the ride together!   We have our first volunteer meeting on Monday evening.  My official title is 'Start & Finish Line Coordinator'.  I am really looking forward to it! 

Enjoy your weekend friends!  I've got more packing to do!  Here are some pictures from our week!

Boston in the Hurricane Booth at the mall.  
 Wednesday morning Boston woke up like any other morning.  Derek and I just looked at each other and laughed.  I said 'Boston did you get a bloody nose during the night?'  Boston replied 'Nope!'  There was blood smeared ALL over this face! 
 One thing we will really miss about the west side of town, is being close to Auntie Shana's Burger King! We stop in to see her at least once a week.  This particular day Boston decided to share his ice cream with his brother while we were driving home. 
 Yesterday afternoon my friend Tara Stadheim watched Brigs for a few hours so that I could take Boston to the Chimpanzee movie.  It was a super cute movie, but I am pretty confident to say that the hilite for Boston was the Avenger poster in the lobby!  He is counting down the days for this movie!  He claims he is going with his Uncle Jason, and that Derek has to rent it.  I enjoyed being able to do something fun with just B as it doesn't happen that often anymore and I miss our 'Mommy and Boston' dates.    
We finally had a sunny day this week so we could enjoy some time outside!
Could Boston be any more photogenic?! 





     





  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...