Pages

Verse A Day

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Brigs-15 Months!

Brigham is learning new things each day!   Just in the last week he has started to say a few more words that I can understand.  Of course he only says them when he wants too and not on command.  He knows the signs for 'more' and 'all done' and we are working at please and thank you.   

He's still a little squirt and eats like a bird!  He is a snacker & loves milk.  His favorite things to eat are grapes & bananas (all fruit actually!) crackers (any kind), waffles, froot loops and toast or bread with jelly or cheese & turkey.  He hates mac n cheese and spaghetti, so I had ruled out all noodle-y things..but he loves macaroni salads.  He is just so hard to figure out!

He can point to his ears, eyes, nose, toes, belly button & hair and loves the 'No More Monkey's Jumping On The Bed' song. He taps at his head when you say 'bumped his head' and then when you get to 'Mama called the doctor and the doctor said..' he will scowl and point his finger and say 'no-no-no'.  :)  If you say 'it's hot' to his food, he blows on it!

He can go down the stairs all by himself now, so I no longer have to have a baby gate up on a daily basis.  He manages to sit on his butt, spin around to his tummy and slide down the steps .  The boys go downstairs to our make-shift toy room to play together unsupervised for a bit, which gives me a chance to fold laundry or blog :)  Boston is such a big helper and is always watching after Brigham if I need to get things done.

I am leary of even blogging this, but for my own journaling purposes I don't want to leave it out..  I recently switched Brigham's car seat forward facing.  You are encouraged to leave them rear facing until age 2 now, but it was just getting harder to get him in backwards the bigger he got.  He loves it, and it makes the car rides more peaceful!  Brigham's usual bedtime is around 7 o 8.  Lately our evenings have been full of activities so he has been up a bit later than normal.  He sleeps sound until 6:30-8 AM.  I am trying to wean Brigs off of his morning nap.  The little stinker loves to sleep a good 2 hours or more in the morning, but will sometimes sleep through lunch and then fight his afternoon nap when the little kids I babysit are resting.  So for my sanity, I am hoping we can get by with just an afternoon nap soon. 
Here is my handsome little dude at breakfast this morning!
'More nana mommy!'
 The one thing that keeps him quiet & sitting still :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...