Our neighbors kindly shared some of their pea's with me this past weekend. I mentioned in conversation that I loved a good pea salad. Well, the neighbor also loves a good pea salad so he told me to make one and share it with him. Eekkk! I had never actually MADE a pea salad, but that's a thing of the past now. I found a recipe online that sounded tasty so I gave it a whirl.. 2 thumbs up! Now go make some!
Picnic Pea Salad
Ingredients:16 oz package frozen petite peas OR 2 cups of fresh garden pea's!
1 cup of cheddar cheese cut in cubes.
1 tablespoon crumbled bacon pieces.
1/3 cup finely chopped celery
1 green onion, finely minced.
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon milk
1 tablespoon sugar
Place drained peas in a large bowl. Cut cheese into 1/4-inch cubes and add to peas. Mix in bacon bits, celery, and onion. In a small bowl, stir together mayonnaise, milk and sugar to make a dressing. then to peas and stir. Chill until ready to serve.
This recipe makes a very small batch 2-4 people. Next time I make it I will be doubling or tripling it because it's that good!
No comments:
Post a Comment