A whole day to think about the secret we've been keeping...the anticipation was killing Boston although he already had a pretty good idea I think!
Christmas Eve day was so relaxing! I went to the mall (alone!) and did some shopping, and then ran a few other errands. It was so nice being out and about alone. I forget what it's like to shop without my boys along. It was quiet and I wasn't rushed. Perfect! Derek got brave and ventured out with the boys for a bit. They did some very last minute shopping for me. :) Boston walked in the house with some popcorn from Target. I asked him what they went to Target for because Derek only mentioned Scheels & Sun & Fun.. Boston said with a smirk 'Ah, just killing some time.' HA! Neither he or Derek are good with Christmas gift surprises. 2 hours later, they gave me my present. They just couldn't wait to save it for Christmas morning! I love that Derek thinks of me, even though we were NOT going to exchange gifts this year with the basement expenses, but I also find it comical what he buys. I am really not a sports fan, but he LOVES the SDSU Jackrabbits... so I got a Jacks t-shirt. With my growing belly, this t-shirt may fit for another few weeks! I got some coffee for my Keurig, which was awesome, and I also got some candy. Swedish Fish & Mento's, which only Derek likes! The boys also made me a home made card, which was super sweet & probably my favorite part about the gift! Inside the card was some cash that Derek had earned extra and he was sweet enough to give it to me!Christmas Eve night was a bit different this year too, as our church didn't have a candle light service. We had very good intentions of attending a different church, but that didn't go as originally planned. We ended up going out to eat at the Outback, (My treat with my Christmas money from Derek since I felt so bad he got me a gift and I didn't get him anything!) and then drove around looking at Christmas lights! It was fun! We ended the night watching a Christmas movie on TV.
Christmas morning, we were up bright and early to see what Santa had brought!
(The Super Hero toy bins were another Pinterest craft idea! They are all filled up already!)
Brigs got to open the first gift!
A grill!
Boston got a sneak peak at his gift and he was loving it!
The Ninja Turtle Shellraiser! Derek spent most of the morning putting it together!
Boston's other gift from 'Santa'.
A BayBlade Dome!
I love that Brigham is still excited about simple, inexpensive things!
Elmo's friends Abby & Zoe! If he isn't saying 'Elmo', the other character he is always talking about is 'Abby'!
There was a large gift for the boys from Snoop our elf. Snoop helped us let out our secret :)
Balloons?
Blue & Pink balloons?
Boston was pretty confused until I told him what it meant! We are having another baby!!!
Back to presents... The boys got the movie Brave!
Another gift for the both of them..home made Super Hero masks!
A Pinterest idea! They love them!
Boston got his very own Bible. I just love how excited he was!
Each year the boys get a calendar. It's more for me to journal their day-to-day happenings and milestones, but I pick a calendar that I know they will love, so they still think it's fun!
One last gift for B.
Woo Hoo! A Packer jersey!
The last thing we open up is the stocking stuffers! Boston didn't think getting underwear was fun at all!
Both boys are excited about being BIG BROTHERS in July!!
Uncle Tim is a BIG fan of Boston's last gift! Gotta love the Pack!!
ReplyDelete