Pages

Verse A Day

Sunday, July 7, 2013

39 Weeks

I am 39 weeks pregnant today!  3 days (or sooner) until I am a mom to 3 beautiful little boys.  I haven't been feeling very well.  In fact, I feel so crappy at times I have even cried, praying for this baby to come out!  I got a little caught up in how awful I was feeling and then I had this moment.. It dawned on me that in just a few short days, or even hours if things progress sooner, we will no longer be a family of 4, but a family of 5!  I started worrying about how the boys would feel adding another child to the mix, especially Brigham.  He's still quite little, and is a total mama's boy.  I will have 2 kids in diapers!  That alone is scary for me!  Boston was almost 5 when Brigham was born, so this journey is just going to be so different for us. 


I had an appointment on Wednesday, July 3rd.  Dr. Scott wasn't available to see me, so I saw her Nurse Practitioner.  It was my last scheduled appointment!  I had never seen this gal before, but she was very nice.  The appointments are usually very quick.  I gained a half pound, and that was after 2 meals that day, so not bad :)  My stomach measured smaller than the previous week, at 35 weeks, but she said because the baby was moving down lower, this was quite common and nothing to worry about.  Then she did an exam to see if I had made any progress.  I was still dilated to a 2, and 75 % thinned out.  The first comment out of her mouth was 'Wow, that baby's head is right there!'.  

I've felt very queezy off and on the last few days.  Tons of pressure and aches and pains and to top it all off, I am not sleeping well.  Friday and Saturday night I had pretty intense and regular contractions for several hours, but then they slowed down.  I hardly ate anything today again, and then mid afternoon got this mouth watering craving for Panera Bread, so I headed there alone for an early supper!  I never used to feel comfortable going out to eat alone, and now I love it!  So peaceful.  

Sure looks like a lot of food huh?  I ate every single bite!

I'm feeling anxious now that we are down to just a few more days!  Hoping I can get some good rest these next few nights, and that the boys and I can stay busy or that they will stay entertained at home while I just lounge around on Monday & Tuesday.  We are scheduled to check into Avera on Wednesday morning at 7 AM!    

  

1 comment:

  1. I see a gorgeous little boy over there on your Instagram feed. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...