Pages

Verse A Day

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Bronx-2 Weeks

We are continuing to adjust to life as a family of 5, however, it has been such an easier transition that I was expecting!  It makes having a 4th kid seem managable, although I am 99.9% sure there would be no convincing Derek of that!  Boston & Brigham are still doing great with their new baby brother, and they oooh and aaah over him all day.  Brigs is pretty protective of Bronx.  If someone is holding him, or looking at him, he will say 'My baby', and if someone jokingly asks if they can take Bronx home with them, he is quick to answer 'No!'.

Derek had Wednesday off this past week, but worked all weekend so we are anxious for tomorrow when he is home again!  We have pent most of our afternoons and evenings at Glady & Les'.  The boys love being able to play with the Eisenga kids, and it's been nice for us to get out of the house for a few hours each day.  The kids all play so well together without a lot of supervision, so it's been nice for me to get some time to relax and snuggle Bronx.  With each baby, it seems you get less of that one on one time because you are so busy taking care of other kids, and keeping up on house work and meals.  I take every minute I can to just sit and hold Bronx!

Bronx already seems to be filling out some, and has really changed in looks too.  I am starting to think he even looks more like Boston at times!  He continues to eat about every 3-4 hours.  He has taken more than 2.5 oz. a few times in the last couple of days, so maybe once he starts to drink a little more he will stay full longer.  Last nigght we went to bed at 10, and he was only up at 1, 5 & then again at 8:30! I have felt really rested each morning, so am thankful for that.  I try and rest in the afternoon if I am able, but most of the time can only doze off for a short time.  His belly button cord fell off on Saturday, so we were finally able to give him a good soak bath on Sunday night!  I warned Boston & Brigham before his bath that he may cry pretty hard, because babies don't like to get cold, but Bronx never cried once!  He did so good, and the boys thought it was fun to watch.

The boys watching cartoons.
He was a hungry little guy!  We rarely hear a peep out of him otherwise!

Derek had to work on Sunday, and Boston had spent the night at Grandpa Ron & Grandma Lisa's, so I took Bronx & Brigham to church.  It was Bronx's first time in church & he slept the entire time!
Boston just loves to lay on the floor next to Bronx.  He also loves having me take pictures of them together :)
'Mom take a picture of me giving Bronx a kiss.'



1st Bath- Sunday, July 21st.  Such a good boy!





Snuggle time with mom & dad while we watch Naked & Afraid!  

 Bronx took his first nap in his crib yesterday!  He slept sound for 2 hours!  He probably would have kept sleeping but I woke him so that he would eat.  Trying to keep him on a 3 hour schedule during the day, so he will hopefully have his 4+ hour stretches at night!
 I survived my first shopping trip with all 3 boys! Not a lot of room to put things with a baby in the back of the cart & a toddler in the front!  
2 weeks old!  Isn't he just the sweetest!


Another baby, another hair cut!  With all 3 of the boys I have gone out and chopped my hair shortly after they were born.  Loving it short again!

1 comment:

  1. You need to use the big carts at Target where they have extra seats for the kids!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...