It just melted my heart to see Brigs so sad about his brother going off to school that I cried too! I just adore my 3 boys and feel so blessed every day.
My handsome 1st grader!
He was not excited about me kissing him!
Boston and his friend Jackson are in the same class, so Boston is excited about that!
Boston waving goodbye to his brother.
Where did that year go?!
A Mom's Prayer On The First Day Of School
Here we go again Lord.
Their backpacks are loaded and their faces are scrubbed and their lunches are full.
And I know you'll walk with them Lord, you always do.
But a mom still has to ask, will you walk with them?
Will you whisper to them what they need to hear
when I'm not there to whisper it?
Will you please, oh please, cover their school with protection
only you can give, and will you keep harm far away?
Will you make their minds strong and ready to learn?
Will you help them understand that hard work honors the One who created them?
Will you guide their teachers, giving them patience and wisdom,
and creativity and more patience?
Will you bless them for their efforts? Will you love all those children there,
the ones who's lunch accounts aren't full, the ones who feel alone?
Will you teach my children to be kind and unselfish and
to love those who are different from them?
Will you point them back toward home as soon as you can?
Lord, I give them to you today and everyday, trusting them to your care.
In Jesus' name, Amen.
He survived the first day! Brigham and I both got a big hug from him!
No comments:
Post a Comment