Pages

Verse A Day

Friday, August 9, 2013

Bronx is 1 Month Old!

Bronx is 1 month old today!  He is growing out of newborn diapers and newborn clothes, and that makes me so sad.  It's a huge blessing that he is healthy and growing, but every mom just wishes the newborn stage would slow down, or at least I always do.  He has been sleeping in his crib for naps and during the night for about a full week.  He does awesome!  I am even able to put him down in his crib while he is still awake a bit and he will usually just fall right to sleep.  Once in awhile he will get a little restless and I will let him snooze in the bouncy seat.

He continues to be a very good baby, and we are all doing well!  I finished up my 10 day course of antibiotics at the hospital on Tuesday.  Since July 1st, I have been a patient at Avera for 20 days. That's more doctoring in a month than I have done in my whole life.  I pray that this is it for a very long time.  I am feeling great, and had my final check up with Dr. Saloum on Wednesday.  She was pleased with how everything looks, and I was discharged from her care.  I will follow up on August 23rd with my regular OB for my 6 week postpartum appointment.  I am still a little concerned this mess was/is something more than just mastitis/cellulitis, so will ask more questions about a possible mammogram in a few weeks.  The only thing I am battling now is some loose stools/diarrhea.  It's been going on a week now and it's not improving.  My doctor was thinking after I was done with the meds it would clear up, but that doesn't seem to be the case.  I will be making a call to the doctor on Monday.  Hopefully it's nothing major, but the potent antibiotics I was on can bowel issues, some quite serious.  I just pray that it's nothing major.

Boston is counting down the days until school starts, but not because he is excited about returning.  He has said several times that he just wishes he could stay home with me and his brothers.  I think he will really miss being around Bronx.  He just adores his baby brother and is a huge help for me. The class lists came out today and he is a bit bummed that more of his friends aren't in his class.  He has one friend Jackson in his class, but only recognizes a few of the other names.  His teacher will be Mrs. DeWitt and we are excited about that!  She is a great family friend of the Gerdes' so she will be sure and keep Boston in line and let us know of any issues!

Brigham is 2 years, 5 months old.  He has no desire to start potty training but loves to dress and undress himself.  He also likes to help change his own diapers :)  This past week he started riding his Strider bike when we go on walks and he thinks he is pretty cool stuff.  The neighbors just think he is the cutest thing on his bike.  He is too brave though, and it makes me so nervous!  He has a huge vocabulary and continually learns new words and is talking more clearly.  Such a big boy!

I've gotten braver about running errands with all 3 of the boys.  The first few times were a bit over whelming, but now I feel like a pro!  I am absolutely loving this time at home with all 3 of my boys and couldn't be luckier with how well everyone has adjusted.

Wednesday, July 31


 Our neighbor friends had this blanket personalized for Bronx!

  
 Bronx and Brigham are on the same afternoon nap schedule already.  It's fabulous!  
I nap with them as often as I can.  
Sometimes I can't nap because these 2 rug rats won't rest!
Out on a walk around our neighborhood!
Saturday, August 3rd

 They both look pretty comfy :)
 Fresh air!

Tummy time!  Sunday, August 4 
Monday, August 5
Loves laying on his play mat!
 These boys are easy to please.  They could eat cereal 3 meals a day!



 
 Bronx loves bath time!  Nightly routines are a bit more exhausting with 3 kids to bathe!



1 month pictures taken on August 12.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...