Pages

Verse A Day

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Boston's First Year of Flag Football!

This is the first year that Boston has had the opportunity to play flag football.  Soccer and football seasons are at the same time, with games on Saturday's, so Boston had to pick one or the other.  With Derek working most Saturday's, there was just no way I could juggle 3 boys and 2 sporting events in one day!  Boston actually said he wanted to play soccer, but Derek convinced him to give flag football a try.

The program is through Fellowship of Christian Athletes, and so far I am super impressed!  They had their kick off night on Tuesday, August 20th.  Boston got to meet his coach and teammates, get his Colts jersey & do some practicing!  I didn't get to watch much of the practice, because these two cuties kept me busy!  Brigs was a total disaster at practice...which is why he didn't come along for the first game!


His first game was Saturday, August 24th.  He had to be there at 9:30 for practice, they did devotions with all the teams at 10:30 and then the game started at 11.  It got to be a long morning, which I wasn't expecting, so I was thankful that Glady had offered to watch Brigham and Bronx.  It was a rainy morning too, so it wouldn't have been fun with those two in the rain!

The team after practicing in the rain!  

Game time!  Boston was a little overwhelmed with the rules and plays they were running.  He looked quite grumpy and confused most of the time and after the game even shed some tears which is NOT like him.  After some encouragement from Uncle Jason & his dad, I am hoping he is a little more excited at the next game.







 His 'I'm ready to be done for the day' look..
 It just blows my mind these 7 & 8 year olds are running plays already!  The coach had it all on his iPad, so after each down, they huddled up to look at the next play.  I would have been overwhelmed too!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...