Pages

Verse A Day

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

And we are off to Orlando!!

Packing up for our family of 5 to be gone for a week was quite the chore!  So many things to remember!  I'm quite proud to say we didn't forget anything at home, and better yet, we didn't forget to bring anything home!

Our flight out of Sioux Falls left early in the morning, so our alarms went off at 3:15 AM!  We were out the door by 4, and to the airport in plenty of time.  The boys had fun checking out the airport, going through security and watching out the windows at all the airplanes.  The best for me was watching Grandpa Ron & Grandma Lisa walk up and surprise the boys that they were going to Disney World with us!!  The boys were so in awe of everything going on around them, that they really didn't even know what to say when they saw Grandpa & Grandma!

The Gerdes' are off to Disney World!
 Bags are checked..now off to security!  
 The boys did great considering it was hours before they would normally be awake.  
Surprise!!  Grandpa & Grandma are coming along!!
 Ready for take off! We had 2 seats on one side of the isle, and 2 seats on the other.  It was about 110 degrees on the plane (no joke), and we were in the very back row.   I did not do so well on the flight to Atlanta.  Luckily Bronx slept most of the time and Boston & Brigham stayed entertained with the iPad & iPod because I was back and forth to the bathroom, so Derek was on his own with the kids.  Ugh!  I even took dramamene to help with the motion sickness, but I was so worried about the boys eating breakfast & taking their medicine that I forgot to eat breakfast myself!  I don't think the pills sat well in my empty stomach.  The boys were excited about flying!


 We made it safely to Orlando!  The flight from Atlanta to Orlando went a little better for me but I still didn't feel 100%.  As soon as we got off the plane and I got a little food in my stomach I felt back to normal!   Our flight from Atlanta to Orlando left an hour earlier than my dad & Lisa's, so we grabbed something to eat and wandered around the airport.  There was plenty to keep us entertained!  So many stores to check out!  
After we got checked into our condo, Grandpa & Derek took the boys swimming while Lisa & I made a trip to Walmart for groceries!  The condo was perfect for our large group.  3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a full kitchen, living room and dining room!  I could have stayed a month!
 Brigham fell asleep playing the iPad at about 6 PM Orlando time, so that was 5 PM at home.  He was out for the night too!  Such a long day of traveling, but the boys did great! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...