One thing we did get checked off the list was riding the downtown Sioux Falls trolley! Derek had the day off on Wednesday, June 17th, so we headed downtown. We had lunch at Fiero Pizza. We had never eaten there so it was fun to try something new! Everyone loved it and we can't wait to go again! The boys loved that the table was a chalkboard... a total mess!
Bronxk laying on his daddy's weight bench!
After lunch we hopped on the trolley and rode down to Falls Park and then thru downtown. The kids loved it! I enjoyed listening to the trolley driver point out some of the historical things downtown!
Bronx pushing around a kid size cart at the toy store downtown!
Later that night, we stopped at The Attic for supper. Yes, we ate out twice in one day! Sometimes that's just how we roll! The boys LOVE getting Shirley Temples!
Thursday, June 18.
The weather finally cooperated so I took the boys & a few daycare kids to the McKennan Park Children's Theater to see Goldilocks and Da Bears. It was a cute play & the kids loved it! Another bucket list thing to check off!
More baseball!
Friday, June 19. I took the boys to Wild Water West for the first time this summer! We met Stacy & Norah there, so the boys enjoyed having a friend to play with!
Not even 5 min. in the car and he fell asleep on the way there!
Asleep in the car on the way home too!
Some really weird clouds in the sky!
Showing off his new sunglasses!
June 20:
Boston & I served lunch at The Banquet with our church group. It was a great experience! We helped wipe tables up after the guests were done eating. The guests were very appreciative and thankful for the work we were doing & loved visiting! Seeing the kids come through the line was really tough to watch. I held back tears a few times.
I wanted to try and get a nice picture of Bronx so I could get his birthday invitations ordered. He did not love the idea at all, and it did take several attempts & some bribery.
Boston & I served lunch at The Banquet with our church group. It was a great experience! We helped wipe tables up after the guests were done eating. The guests were very appreciative and thankful for the work we were doing & loved visiting! Seeing the kids come through the line was really tough to watch. I held back tears a few times.
I wanted to try and get a nice picture of Bronx so I could get his birthday invitations ordered. He did not love the idea at all, and it did take several attempts & some bribery.
June 21: Fathers Day! After church we had lunch at Hu Hot (Dad's pick!), then went to Laurel Oaks to swim for the afternoon! In the evening, I took Boston & Brigham to Husets with Grandpa Ron & Grandma Lisa!
Grandpa Ron standing up at Husets to be honored as a father in the stands!
The boys in the pits after the races. They have so much fun! Another bucket list item!
Wednesday, June 24th: The boys lost their playoff baseball game so the season is over.
Lots of tears after a toss loss, but they had a great season!
June 26: Bronx's very own photography skills. His feet :)
June 28: Boston spent some of his birthday money on an NBA Lego Set!
There are nights, and afternoons, that I would just love to be able to put Bronx in his bed and let him drift off to sleep on his own.. but then I would miss out on this. Trying to find a good balance between the two :)
No comments:
Post a Comment