Brigham got another early birthday celebration with Grandpa Ron & Grandma Lisa! They let him choose where he wanted to eat supper on Tuesday night, the 22nd, so he picked Buffalo Wild Wings! After supper, they brought him back home to open his gift! He was pretty sure he knew exactly what he was getting, but when he saw the size of the box that was wrapped up, he was unsure..
A box inside of a box. Sneaky!
He's laughing because there is another box!
A hooded Starwars towel...but wait is there more?!....
Brigham didn't even realize there was a box inside the towel so Grandpa had to show him!
SO pumped! He has been waiting to turn 5 for many months, knowing he was going to be getting a very special birthday gift from Grandpa Ron & Grandma Lisa!!!
He loved the iPad mini, but I think he was more excited that it had a Michael Jordan screen saver!!!
Wednesday morning, March 23rd! Brigs is officially 5! He came into our bedroom bright and early saying 'I'm 5!! I'm 5!!! I've been waiting 10 years for this!!!'
He wished he would be a race car driver when he's older!
Grandma Peggy took off work early and attempted to get to Sioux Falls to help me out with Brigham's birthday party with his friends, but Mother Nature decided to dump a winter storm on us, and the roads were just too slick for her to make it. Thankfully I had picked up a few gifts for her, so Brigham still got to open a few things from Grandma!
Brigham & Boston were excited about this!
MJ Shorts to match the shirt he got from G. Glady & G. Les! He put them on right away!
Thankfully, we were still able to have the birthday party even with the nasty weather! It was the perfect day to have something fun to do inside, and Carolan Rental had an excellent set up for a birthday party! It was a bummer that Grandma Peggy couldn't make it down, but thankfully a few friends helped me out with keeping track of all the kids! The kids could run wild and jump on inflatables or play arcade games! At first, Brigham started out wanting a Star Wars party, so I got busy looking for fun ideas on Pinterest. Next thing I know, he wants a Michael Jordan party!
His invites turned out super cute! Found the idea on Etsy!
A bag of goodies for each of the kids! Snacks, a basketball bouncy ball & a basketball whistle! I'm sure the parents were excited about that :)
The basketball cupcakes turned out fun & so yummy!
Arcade area
Miss Gracie was the only girl at the party & she was such a trooper!
Ethan
Otto
Shortly after the kids got busy playing and bouncing, Bronx was crying in one of the inflatables and just wanted to be held afterwards. It isn't like him to act like this so I figured he was just enjoying the extra attention and snuggles, or he was coming down with something...little did we know that when he woke up from his nap around 5:30 PM the real issue would be known...
Bennett & Brigs
Theo
Ethan, Mason & Brody
Brigs & Mason
Keaton & Otto
All of the kids loved the racing games!
Bronx wasn't happy that I put him down in a chair..
But he always falls for the 'Don't you dare smile!' line.. :)
All the kids ready for Brigs to open his gifts!
After gifts, the kids were ready for a treat!
And then more jumping around! They were hilarious coming down this slide in all kinds of crazy positions!
The crew! Boston, Otto, Keaton, Zach, Ethan, Mason, Brigham, Bronx, Gracie, Brody, Theo & Bennett. Such a fun group of kids! They were all so well behaved and had such great manners!
Bronx fell asleep about 5 minutes into our drive home..
He was so excited to get home and open all of his fun gifts! This was Brigham's very first party with his friends, and he loved it!
We had to get the hamper hoop hung up right away!!
Bronx slept over 2 hours and when he woke up he was very crabby and was telling me his arm hurt. I tried getting him to use his left arm/hand a few different ways and he just wouldn't do it so I figured I better get him in to Urgent Care since it was the same arm he had hurt 8 months ago. The doctor didn't see a break or fracture on the xray, but there wasn't a radiologist to read it so she just suggested since we already had the brace at home, to ice his arm and have it wear the brace as much as possible. Radiology was to call us the next day if they saw anything. We never got a call from Radiology, and when I called to ask about what the radiologist saw I never got a call back. Frustrating, but hopefully no news is good news? He is supposed to be xray'd in a week! Not how we expected the day to end, but these boys are always surprising me with something! Thankfully Derek got off work early and met us at the clinic because I wouldn't have been able to take Bronx back for his xray.
The birthday fun continued on Thursday, when Chloe stopped by with a gift for Brigs! She couldn't make it to his party because she had a fever.
An MJ collage for his room! Chloe's dad loved MJ as a kid and his mom saved everything for him! He went through his old magazine articles and pictures and created this collage for Brigs! So cool!
And on Friday, Grandma Peggy drove down to deliver another gift for Brigs. She felt bad she missed his birthday party on Wed. because of the snow and ice!
A case for his iPad! Perfect!


No comments:
Post a Comment