Friday, September 4, 2009
A sad week.
As most of you have heard, Boston's "Papa" passed away unexpectedly on Wednesday night. Boston loved his Papa so much, and his Papa was so proud of him! You could see it in Jerry's face everytime Boston was around him. Jerry never smiled much or showed emotion or affection but when Boston was around those feelings came out. I am so sad to have lost my former father-in-law, and my heart just aches for what Derek and his family are going through losing their father at such a young age. I can't imagine what they are feeling as I am blessed to still have my own dad with me, but I can only imagine the feelings of loss and sorrow to lose a parent so unexpectedly. Derek and Boston visited Papa on Wednesday afternoon at Hyvee, so we are so thankful that Boston got to show his love to Papa on his last day. Boston had colored a picture for his Papa, and that picture was tucked in his shirt pocket when they found Jerry. It has been a tough couple of days, and even sadder days are ahead when Jerry is laid to rest on Monday. Boston has seen our tears and we have tried explaining the best that we can that his Papa is gone. I know he doesn't understand it all, but I will be sure Boston remembers his Papa for years to come, and that he knows his Papa was very special to all of us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

He will never be forgotten, and I'm so glad I got to know him just a little bit. I remember the first time I was in Hy-Vee with my twins and he gave me a big hug. It was my first hug from Jerry, and it was so great. It makes me smile just thinking about it. You and Boston will remain in my prayers during this difficult time. If you need something, let me know!
ReplyDelete