Pages

Verse A Day

Monday, November 16, 2009

Operation Christmas Child!

Our church is paricipating in "Operation Christmas Child" and we thought it would be fun for Boston to join in! The last year we did something like this at our church the gifts went to children on the reservations in South Dakota, but this year the gifts are going over seas! We chose to buy a gift for a boy, ages 2-4. Of course Boston wondered if the toys were for him, but I explained to him that the toys and shirt were for a boy who's mommy and daddy couldn't buy him new things. Boston thought it was pretty neat that he got to help me get the gift all wrapped up. What makes this even more special is that Boston buys the gifts with his OWN money! Here are a few pictures of Boston showing off his gift!

Boston bought the little boy a Doodle Pro, Hot Wheels Cars and a Long Sleeved T-shirt

The gift all wrapped up in the shoe box!


Tonight while we were at CiCi's for supper Boston winked at an older lady walking by our table. She stopped and said that was the cutest thing, and commented over and over about how cute Boston was, and how that "wink" just made her day! I haven't seen Boston wink in months, so I was just totally caught off gaurd that he would just randomly wink at someone! As we were sitting there eating, the balloon artist "Mr Twister" came over to our table to make Boston a balloon animal, compliments of this lady! Before she left CiCi's, she went over and told Mr. Twister that Boston had winked at her, and she wanted to treat him to a free balloon toy! I just couldn't believe it. Of course this lady left before we could thank her, but I just thought that was the neatest thing! Not only does Boston melt my heart, but he also touches the hearts of complete strangers! Here is a picture of Boston with his balloon giraffe and balloon puppy!!




Notice the "cheesy" smiles?! These are the only smiles I get lately!!

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet boy you have! He's so giving and so thoughtful!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...