Pages

Verse A Day

Sunday, April 25, 2010

It feels like fall!

It's gloomy and chilly today. Definetely not the spring weather we've been spoiled with lately! It's kind of nice getting things done around the house though. Seems like if the sun is shining we are outside a majority of the day and the housework piles up! Friday night we went to the circus with my friend Jessica (from work) and her family. Boston and Karsen are only a few months apart so they always have a great time together. I think they were more into the light up toys than the circus acts:) Saturday my dad came over and finished up our stone on the fireplace. It's finally complete! It looks great, so totally worth the month wait on the stone! (Thorton flooring is a thorn in my side...but that's another blog post!) Last night we went to Derek's uncle Ron's retirement party at the Pizza Ranch in Brandon. This is Jerry's only sibling, so it was nice to be there for him as he was honored after working 40 years at the same job! Ron is a lot like Jerry was.. never wanting to be the center of attention, real quiet and just mumbles when he has too, and rarely smiles...so it was nice to see so many people giving Ron the glory he deserves! He was very surprised when he walked in to see a room full of familiar faces, and a loud applause. I think he even smirked a little! Derek & Boston, and Uncle Jeff & Uncle Jason enjoyed playing the games in the arcade after we ate! He sure loves his uncles! Today after church we got to see a glimpse of what the new addition will look like. The church looks SO different from the street and even more amazing from the inside! Starting next week our church services are being held at the Sioux Falls Christian school while the rest of the construction takes place. It will be so nice to have it all complete in the fall! The wedding countdown is on...3 weeks until the big day!!!


Boston got "goofy teeth" for his prize from his arcade tickets! He thinks it's so funny to wear these around now!


The completed Fireplace!



And as if I don't have enough things to do...i've decided to tackle another project! This Singer sewing machine was my great-grandma's! I had it shipped to me from California a few years ago, and finally decided it's time to refinish it! Yesterday I managed to get it all taken apart by myself, and will spend my free time in the next few months sanding it, and restaining it. I hope it all turns out like i'm hoping!! I love family heirlooms!

I hope I remember how it came apart!! The first round of sanding is complete..

1 comment:

  1. the fireplace looks great! can't wait to see if all put together in person! where did you have that sewing machine before...have I seen it? That will look nice when its all finished! Then are you going to have it in the basement or upstairs sometime??
    p.s. glad Boston had a lot of plaid shorts so I didn't feel so dumb for buying so many!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...