Pages

Verse A Day

Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Weekend

We have had a great Memorial Weekend...except for the fact that Derek has been working every day. However, that is the business he is in and he's been selling cars every day, so it's all been worth the time! Friday night he didn't get home until 10:00! (the joys of getting a late sale!) The fair ground car sale has been keeping him busy and has required long days! Friday when Boston and I got home Boston we blew up his kiddie pool in the backyard. He enjoyed splashing around in that! It was a hot one! A few friends from work came over later that night. Us girls and Boston hung out by the firepit, thank you to Sara for getting it started! I attempted but am apparently NOT good with a fire:) Boston stayed outside with us until midnight! He had fun showing off for the girls!

Saturday Boston went with my dad to Lowes. They have a kids "craft day" on Saturday mornings. It's a free event for kids, and this past Saturday they were making a race car! Boston had a fun time, and they plan to go for the next craft! Saturday afternoon some friends from church came over for a few hours! Saturday night we stayed inside and rented a movie. Neither Derek or I had seen the Blind Side so we rented that one. It was a great movie! Sunday we headed to church as a family. Derek went to work afterwards, and Boston and I went shopping and hung out outside! Usually if I shop I end up spending money on something for the house or Boston. I've been talking about wanting some sun dresses so Derek insisted I go shopping for myself yesterday:) I ended up getting myself 2 new things... I can just never seem to find things that I LOVE, and it's nearly impossible to really look and try things on with a 4 year old saying "mom lets GOOOOOO" all day:) I actually ended up spending a majority of our time shopping buying more plants and bushes for our landscaping project! Each year we add a few more things. This year our front yard will be complete, and we are adding a few things to the backyard near our deck! I attempted to plant 2 of the bushes myself yesterday.. The rest are sitting in the yard waiting for Derek's help. Hopefully we can get that project complete tonight!

Last night our friends Tara & Bret and their 2 girls came over for a grill out and fire. We had a fun time! The boys had a little trouble with the fire.. ended up soaking a log with some gas to get it going. They would be completely embarassed if they knew I blogged about this.. and YES, they were BOTH boy scouts! Today Boston and I are hanging out at home until later this afternoon when we head to Uncle Ron & Aunt Mary Gerdes' in Valley Springs. They have a yearly Memorial Day get together, so Boston and I will head over there for a bit. We hope you ALL have had a wonderful holiday weekend with your family and friends!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...