It makes my heart race even posting about riding my bike 150 miles, but that's exactly what I'm preparing to do!! I am registered to ride in this years SD MS Bike Tour in August. We will be biking from Sioux Falls to Madison, SD on Saturday, and then back to Sioux Falls on Sunday. It is about 75 miles each day. It will be the first time i've ever done anything like this, and what better year than the year I turn the BIG 3-0!! I've said for several months..."when I turn 30 i'm going to start doing things i've always said i'm going to do and have never done".. Riding in the MS Bike Ride is one of those things. My mom has riden in the MS Bike Ride for 15 + years! She's 51 now.. if a 51 year old woman can ride, I can ride.. or so I keep telling myself :) I have my bike scheduled for a "check up" later this week, and then will have LOTS of training to do before August!
I'm hoping to raise $1000! I know that sounds like a crazy number, but I figure it's my first year so I'm going BIG!! Please click on the link below to visit my personal page and make a donation online! I will blog again about how my training is going. I appreciate your donation and support as I prepare for the big ride!
http://main.nationalmssociety.org/site/TR/Bike/NTHBikeEvents?px=3927934&pg=personal&fr_id=13824
No comments:
Post a Comment