Yesterday was a family day, and it was so much fun! We started out the morning doing some housework and yard work. We went for lunch at the Keg and then did a little shopping. When we got back home we decided we would bike over to the playground at the new school on our side of town. I went to get on my bike and the tire was completely flat so I then decided I would roller blade. Derek ended up walking.. He doesn't have a bike, and his rollerblades are MIA. After the playground we hung out at home for bit. I was getting a bit bored so we decided to go to the cheap theater. Derek and Boston were going to see Iron Man 2 and I was going to see Letters to Juliet. As we were driving to the movie theater we decided to change our plans! We ended up going to HyVee and getting our favorite foods to grill, and favorite snack foods! We decided to have a cookout and a campire, just the 3 of us! It was a fun night minus the frickin bugs! I can spray an entire bottle of bug spray on myself and still manage to get eaten alive by the mosquitoes. After watching a few fireworks from the neighborhood Boston and I headed in to shower. Neither one of us could stop itching, and we were soaked in bug spray smell! Here are a few pictures of our fun day/night! We hope you all had a wonderful 4th of July with your family and friends!
Boston riding his bike to the playground. I'm thinking I may attempt to teach him to ride without training wheels soon?!
Boston & I watching Derek get the fire going!
Boston loves roasting his own marshmallows. He isn't a fan of smores though- he just likes the marshmallow!
Boston giving me his favorite pose.. so Derek and I decided to try it too :)
No comments:
Post a Comment