Pages

Verse A Day

Saturday, July 10, 2010

A talk about Heaven..

About once or twice a week Boston will say "Mama I miss Papa" just out of the blue.  It brings me to tears everytime for a few different reasons.  We miss Boston's Papa very much so of course that is one of the reasons I get emotional, but these tears are also tears of Joy.  I am so glad that Boston remembers his Papa, and that we can still talk about him on a weekly basis.  It is fun to talk about different memories but it is also a great conversation starter to talk more with Boston about God, and how Jesus died on the cross for us and someday we'll go to Heaven too and be reunited with Papa.  So last night when I said to Boston "It's ok buddy, someday we'll go to heaven too, and we'll get to see Papa again!", he sadly replied with tears "I know mommy, but you and daddy will go first and then I won't have a family"...  I immediatly burst into tears and hugged him as long as I could.  These are the conversations that are so hard as a mother and I am sure it's only the beginning. 

It's hard to explain it simply enough for a 4 year old to understand, but I went on to tell him that it would be a long time from now and that we shouldn't worry about it yet.  I also told him that by that time (hopefully) he would be married with his own children, and that they would be his family too!  Our conversation then moved on to more commical things, which was perfect. 

Why am I sharing this story with you?  Well my friends, this was another "eye opener" for me about how precious life is, how precious my family is, and how every minute should be cherished.  I fully admit that I get so busy with life somedays (the daily routines of going to work, coming home and cleaning or running erands or rushing Boston off to an activity) that I forget to even take time to just sit back and enjoy all that is around me. I have so much to be thankful for.  God has Blessed me in more ways that I can count, and I am sure he has blessed you as well, so take time today to thank Him for it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...