Pages

Verse A Day

Saturday, October 9, 2010

The week's happenings.. and a lot of pictures!

It's been a BUSY week! It was Derek's 30th Birthday on Wednesday! Derk had the day off so that afternoon Derek, Boston and I went to Colman to say goodbye to my grandparents.  They winter in Texas and were leaving Thursday morning so I wanted to make sure we saw them before they left.  It was also my grandma's 75th birthday so we had cake and coffee to celebrate! Derek's birthday request is the same each year:  "I want to go to Famous Daves and order whatever I want off the menu without you rolling your eyes". (I admit I sometimes get irritated when he orders the most expensive thing off the menu!)  Which in turn means:  "Jamie, i'm ordering the full rack of ribs.  Yes I know its almost $30 but I promise I will eat the entire thing!" (and he usually does!) So that night we headed off to Famous Daves for supper, but to Derek's surprise there were 20 people waiting there to surprise him! Family and good friends came out to help celebrate!  Derek was super surprised and I am so glad that I pulled off the party without him catching on!  He was getting a little irritated with me before we leaving.  Normally if we go out to eat as a family it's pretty early.  We like to beat the crowds.  We were supposed to leave the house at 6:30 but my sister kept texting me saying they were running late!  I wanted them to be able to get to Famous Daves before us so I kept stalling at the house.  I pretended I had a stomache ache and kept saying I needed to use the bathroom :)  This was the ONLY thing I could think of spur of the moment!    Here are a few pictures from the party!

Awww :)
 Glady, Jeff, G, Shana, Jason, Boston, Brook, Lacey and my Mom
 Renae & J, Kyle, Derek, Tara & Bret.  Derek's friend Joel came a bit later!
 Boston & Holdyn
 The cake!  :)
 Blowing out the candles!
 My dad and Boston

Working part time and having every afternoon off, you'd think i'd have all kinds of time to get together with friends and have play dates...but that is not the case!  It finally worked out on Friday to meet my friend Tara and the kids at the new Excite Family Fun Center in town.  The kids had a fun time playing and there was plenty to keep them entertained.  It was nice for Tara and I to relax and visit while the kids played. 

Boston thought the Disney Cars inflatable was pretty cool!
 Tavyn having fun on the slide!
 Savaeh and Boston holding hands down the slide!

Friday night we went to the Sioux Falls Christian tail gate supper and Homecoming Football Game!  The Chargers lost but it was still a fun time!  Boston got a pom pom from school yesterday so he was all excited to cheer for the Chargers!  A girl in his class named Ella told Boston in school that she was going to the game too and that Boston could sit by her.. so all afternoon he kept saying "Mom, Ella said she'd sit by me. Mom, Ella is going to be at the game.  Mom, I'm gonna see Ella at the football game!".  As soon as we got to the school he started looking for her. The minute he found her he went to stand by her and didn't want to leave her side the entire game!  Those 2 had so much fun yelling "Lets Go Chargers" in their megaphones.  He sure is pretty into girls for a 4 year old!  I'm hoping he gets it out of his system now so he doesn't give me gray hair as a teenager!  




1 comment:

  1. that excite center looks pretty fun! I'm sure Boston had a great time at it! the wedding pics are great too...I didn't know Derek had read and pray. I'm sure he did do a great job, he is such a talent writer and speaker! (probably why he can do a good job selling cars because he has a way with words!)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...