Pages

Verse A Day

Friday, February 11, 2011

Lots of Updates!

I haven't posted in over a week so this will be a random blog post on several topics!

Gestational Diabetes:  It's going well!  I have not had to start insulin shots.  We made an adjustment to my evening snack last week and my numbers have been fine since!  Hopefully things continue going well throughout these last 6 weeks.  I meet with my OB on Tuesday the 15th for a check up, so am looking forward to that.  It was mentioned at my GD diagnosis that I would have another ultrasound at about 34-36 weeks to measure the size of the baby so I will find out more about that Tuesday.  They are not concerned the baby is getting too big so it may not even be necessary.. although it sure would be fun to catch another glimpse of the baby :)  

Laptop:   Literally about 10 minutes after filing our taxes on Monday afternoon, my laptop shut off and I was never able to turn it back on.  The computer geeks called me this morning to tell me it was the motherboard that went bad, so instead of paying $450 to fix it, I just went and bought myself a whole new computer.  Happy early Valentines day to me!

Valentine Party:  I had the day off work today and was able to help out with Boston's Valentine party at school.  They must have been reading Valentine stories this week and talking about polite things to say to your loved ones for Valentines day because Boston has been saying "yes my love" and "yes my princess" all day.  It's just so precious! 

Work Schedule:  My coworker and I did come up with a job share schedule.  As of 2/28 I will be working 2 full days a week, and 1 half day.  One week I will work all day Monday & Tuesday, and Wed. morning, and the next week I won't work until Wed. morning, and then all day Thursday and Friday.  It will be an adjustment putting in full 8 hour days again, especially when I am in my last 4 weeks of pregnancy so hopefully it all goes ok.  At least it's just for a short period of time before the baby is expected to arrive.

That's about it I think..  And now for some new pictures! 


Boston is really into playing games on the computer.  It's just crazy how well he can navigate the mouse and play games on his own! As you can see he is really concentrating :)
 Boston got ahold of the camera and wanted to take a picture of each person in the family.   Here's the dog.. good ole Jaxon sleeping away..right at the feet of his most favorite person (Derek)!
 Derek..of coures poses for the camera!
 Boston didn't want a picture of me..he wanted a picture of my bare belly! 
Boston & Anna making their "Love Bug" snack at the Valentine party!
 Boston eating his snack with his classmates.
 The Valentine craft that I helped the kids make! 
 Boston's teachers made him a Valentine Bag for all of his valentines and candy!
 And isn't this picture the CUTEST?!!!  Ella has been in Boston's preschool class both years.  This is a picture that Ella's mom took of the kids earlier in the year at a Charger Football Game!  She gave me a copy of the picture today and I just think it is adorable! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...