Pages

Verse A Day

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Getting into a grove!

Well two weeks have gone by and we are finally getting into a routine.. some days!  The mornings seem to be the most challenging especially when Boston has to be at school at 8:30 and then picked up again at 11. The breast feeding is...going.  He nurses a few times a day but i'm mainly just pumping and bottle feeding my milk.  He latches on great and will nurse for a long time, but he's not nursing to eat a meal and get a full tummy!  He is snacking, sleeping, snacking some more and using me as a pacifier.  He still wants a few ounces in a bottle after he nurses so one feeding can take up to an hour and half!  Its a ton of work and its stressful at times but he's a great eater and a growing boy so i'll keep at it until I lose my sanity!

Last Friday morning Boston's preschool class went on a field trip to the YMCA to swim!  Brigham and I met the bus there to watch the kids.  Boston had a great time swimming and playing around with his friends.  My mom came to town that afternoon for a visit.  We hung out at the house awhile while she loved on her grandson's, and then we ventured out to the mall.  I had some giftcards to use and was anxious to get the boys some fun things for summer!  Derek worked all weekend so it got to be some long days at home but we survived.  I managed to get both boys to church on Sunday morning.  It's nice that Boston goes to Childrens Church during the service so I really only had to worry about Brigham.  My sweet little boy slept through the entire service.  I just loved snuggling him :) 

Monday morning I dropped Boston off for school and then took Brigham into the doctor for a weight check and lab work.  The blood work that was done on him at Avera before we were discharged came back with some abnormalities.  Dr. McKercher (the boys' pediatrician) said in most cases this just means there was an error in the test but wanted to redo it just to be sure.  We should get those results this week.  We are praying everything checks out ok.  He also got some eye drops as his eyes have been very goopy with green matter since he was born.  Brigham weighed in at 7 pounds, 3 ounces!  He still seems like such a little peanut.

Grandma Glady came over last night to see the boys and give me some time out of the house alone.  She hadn't seen Brigham in a little over a week and she commented right away that she thinks he looks more and more like me :)

Boston swimming at the YMCA with his preschool class.  Some of the kids' dads came along to help out in the water.

So sleepy!
 This is his favorite place to sleep.  He has been in our room in the pack-n-play since we came home from the hospital.  Derek thinks we should transition him to the crib soon but I like having him close by me!  He sleeps the best in his boppy pillow too, so one of these days we'll have to get him to try laying on his back for bed.  I'd hate for the boppy to become a hard habit to break.
 Resting with dad. 

Who's bigger mom?!
 Boston loves laying by Brigham!
He was full of smiles yesterday morning!  This is the first smile I caught on camera.  I even got a wink too!
Bath time!  I just love babies wrapped up in little hooded bath towels.  So adorable!
My friend Jo sent us this play mat for Brigham.  Boston thought it was so cool he wanted to sleep on it!
 2 weeks old
 Cute little baby feet.  He has the longest fingers and toes!  Just like Boston did as a baby!
Boston & Brigham- 2 weeks old
Big Yawn!
 I realized i'm only in about 5 pictures with Brigham so I bugged Derek to take a few today :)

 Saying his prayers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...