Pages

Verse A Day

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

I blog because..

Why do I have this blog?  First of all, I blog because I enjoy it!  I have kept journals on and off from the time I was about 10, but this blog is for my kids.  I think it'll be a wonderful gift to them someday.  I hope when they are older and are married with their own children, that they enjoy looking back at the journal of our family life and all their years growing up.  Derek had this really cool idea to turn my blog entries into a book, so we are doing just that!  Each year we will have all of the blog entries printed into a book and it will tucked away for our kids someday.  Our first book (2009 & 2010) will be delivered in a few weeks!

Brigham is 10 weeks old today!  Each week he starts sleeping a little better at night and I am so excited about that :)  Last night he was only up once!  I started giving him 1/2 formula, 1/2 breast milk starting on Monday.  He takes it ok, but hasn't had a dirty diaper now for a few days and you can tell he is a bit uncomfortable.  Someone mentioned putting a little dark karo syrup in his bottle, so we are starting that today.  Hopefully that helps him work it out.  We figured out last week that Brigham sleeps much better on his tummy..  I know this is a big no-no now a days and i'm sure our doctor would NOT encourage this, but he just will not sleep for long stretches any other way.  Trust me, we have tried EVERYTHING.  For peace of mind, we went out and bought the Angelcare Monitors.  This monitor will sound off an alarm if there is no movement (basically no breathing) for 20 seconds.  They say babies who tummy sleep have a greater risk for suffocation or SIDS, so these monitors give us peace of mind that he is ok. 

Our Memorial Weekend was quite uneventful.  Derek worked all weekend, which is a huge bummer, but that's the business of car sales.  Not that we really had anything fun to do anyway, but it would have been nice to be able to spend a 3 day weekend as a family. Saturday morning my dad took Boston to Lowes for the Build To Grown workshop.  They built an airplane!  He kept Boston for a few hours, and Brigham slept that entire time so it was a peaceful Saturday morning.  I loved it!  On Saturday night we did get out of the house for awhile while Jason & Shana came over to watch the boys.  Our friends Tyler & Courtney were both celebrating birthdays so a bunch of our friends got together at Tre Lounge.  It was a great time!  I do love staying home with the boys every day, but those nights away are much needed!

Last night Boston had tball at 6 and Derek wasn't able to get off work so I was on my own.  Brigham was kind of fussy and it was windier than heck at the ball fields.  I was trying to pay attention to Boston's game and bounce around Brigham so he wasn't screaming... to put it in a nut shell, I wanted to cry.  It was just exhausting.  When we got home I got Boston some supper and then got Brigham in the bath tub.  As I was bathing Brigham I hear a crash and wailing from the living room.  I scooped Brigham out of the tub (poor thing was soaking wet and I didn't even have time to grab a towel so he was freezing!) and ran for the living room.  Here Boston had managed to fall off the bar stool and 2 of them fell down on him.  Ughh..  Again I wanted to cry.  It was just one of those days!  We have talked about getting new barstools for awhile now, and this just makes me want new ones even more.  The ones we have are swivel stools and are HEAVY.  They are just not kid friendly! 

Well anyway, that's the recap of our week!  Brigham is down for his morning nap and Derek and Boston are going golfing.  What am I going to do with myself?!  I may just lay down and take a nap too :)

Boston wanted to see who was taller :)
 He has long eye lashes like his daddy and brother! 
 His first blow out!  We had it everywhere!
 Chilling with daddy after bath time!
 He has the cutest smile!

Boston is my helper when it's picture time.  He can always get Brigham to smile! 
 Aww!







1 comment:

  1. I think making a book is a fabulous idea (now if only I would blog more frequently!) That will be neat for them to read someday, I'm sure they will love to see all the silly things they said and did and a few pictures to wrap it up. Very cool idea!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...