Pages

Verse A Day

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

We are finally getting some sleep around here!

Brigham is sleeping so much better at night!  He usually gets a bath around 8, eats and goes to bed around 9.  Usually he'll wake up around 4 or 4:30 for a bottle and then sleep again until 8-ish!  It's so nice.  I honestly didn't know if I would ever get good rest again!  He is a very smiley little boy when he is isn't hungry or tired and he loves to babble!  The other day Boston said 'Brigham can say ball, daddy and brother!'.  I said 'Oh really?  How do you know that?'.  Boston replied 'Because I can speak baby!'   

Boston is counting down the days till his 5th Birthday!  I remember him being my newborn baby like it was yesterday..   We are planning some special things for his actual birthday on Friday, and then he has his birthday parties on Saturday.   I don't think he has ever been more excited about his birthday cake! :)  At first I tried talking him out of the cake he wanted, but then figured what the heck, it's HIS birthday!  I can't wait for you to see pictures of the cake he chose!  I took Boston to Wild Water West on Sunday.  The water is still quite cold but it felt so good to finally be outside enjoying the sunshine!  Derek and Brigham hung out at home for the afternoon.  Brigham napped the whole time we were gone!  I'm sure Derek enjoyed the peace and quiet.  We don't have that very often anymore!

Boston is still busy with tball twice a week.  The last few games he has started throwing his bat after he hits, and tripping as he's running to base..  If you ask him what he is tripping on he says the sand!  He must get his coordination from the Gerdes side of the family :) 

On Saturday Boston and I headed to Brookings to my mom's house.  She had a rummage sale so we helped out with that and sold some of our junk that was piling up in the storage room.  Glady babysat Brigham for the day.  It was a nice peaceful drive to Brookings!

That pretty much sums up the week.  We've got a big birthday weekend coming up so will have more to blog about in a few days!  Boston is getting a very special 5th birthday present... :)

Up to bat!
 And he's off to 1st Base!
 Full of smiles after his slide!

 Big Blue Eyes!
 Brigham watching Boston practice his letters and shapes!
 Smiling at his brother :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...