I love my boys! I give out about 100 kisses a day between the 3 of them ;) I have adored Brigham since the day he was born, but the first few months were a challenge. Now that we have more of a schedule down and he is sleeping better I can finally say he is such a good little baby! He smiles, coo's and loves to 'play' toys. When he is awake we do stations between all of his toys so that he doesn't get bored with just one thing. For a little while he'll be in the swing, and then his bouncy seat, the bumbo and finally the floor toys. It's so fun watching him smile and coo at his toys! Yesterday I started putting him in his crib for nap time while he is still awake. The first time he cried for 10 minutes before he got himself to sleep, and the 2nd time it only took 5 minutes! It's not that I don't have the time to rock him or 'shush' him to sleep, but it's not something I want to 'have' to do. I know that it can become a bad habit as he's getting older, and I think it's good for him to be able to settle himself down for nap. I hope this continues to go well!
Boston and I are busy with VBS this week. This is my 3rd year in a row of helping and I love it just as much as the kids. VBS was one of my favorite things about the summer when I was growing up and I think I enjoy it just as much now that i'm an adult. I love watching the kids sing and praise God with smiles and laughter! This year I asked that Boston and I not be in the same crew. I figure i'm with him all day so it'd be a nice little break for the both of us. He ended up in the same crew as one of his best friends..that poor crew leader! I kindly remind Boston each night before VBS that he is there to learn about God and not wrestle with his friends :)
Last week Thursday, my sister and her kids came down and we spent the afternoon at the zoo. I love all the baby animals that the zoo has! So fun to watch the babies with their mama's! Boston & Paisley were wandering ahead of Lacey and I to check out the penguins.. all of a sudden those 2 kids came running around the corner BAWLING and SCREAMING, and then we heard a honking.. Here they had gone around the corner and scared a peacock! The peacock fluffed out it's feathers and started honking and walking towards them. It scared them to DEATH. Boston came running over to me and literally jumped up in my arms. My sister and I just looked at each other and laughed. We laughed so hard we had tears.. I wish I could have gotten it on camera. It is something I will never forget! Now if Boston is misbehaving I tell him he better shape up or i'm going to make him go by the peacocks again :)
Jaxon.. This poor dog never get's mentioned.
Brigham is scooting in his crib! I lay him down at one end when he goes down, and by morning (or sometimes in the middle of the night) he'll be all the way at the other end!
Every year for Boston's birthday (and i'll do the same for Brigham) I buy a card and write a special little note in it. I seal the envelope and stick it away. When the boys graduate...or maybe when they have their own children some day, i'll give them all the cards to open and read.
This handsome little guy is 12 weeks today! A lot of people comment...and now I finally see it myself..that he looks SO MUCH like me :)












No comments:
Post a Comment