Pages

Verse A Day

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Fathers Day!

I love Fathers Day! Derek and my dad are two of the best men in this world and I love them both so much.  I couldn't have asked for a better man to marry, or for a better father for my boys!   Derek is such an awesome dad!  Of course we like to make him feel loved every day of the year, but today we did something extra special for him!  I came up with 4 'clues' for Derek.  Boston and I hid them around the house while Derek hid in the bedroom and then Derek had to find the clues in number order.  The final clue revealed his gift.  I should have known better than to let Boston help me hide the clues because he led Derek right to them :)  It was still fun though!   The clues had pictures of a golf course green, Phil Mickelson, mentioned the word 'walking' and then the final clue had a picture of the PUMA logo.  Derek really wanted a pair of PUMA golf shoes, so this afternoon we went to Austads and got them ordered!  I had to bite my tongue on the price...since I just recently donated a fair amount of money to the city of Sioux Falls :) 



Derek & The Green Lantern (Boston shined his green ring at the clues so Derek could find them!)
Happy Fathers Day!!
 Derek and his boys watching the golf tourney on TV!

My dad is one of my best friends, and I love him even more now that he is a grandfather to my boys.  He is a wonderful dad and Grandpa!  He is so proud of Boston & Brigham, and I love watching their relationships grow each year.  The smile that I see on his face when he is spending time with the boys is a smile I will never forget.  Boston thinks the world of his Grandpa Ron.  My dad has been supportive of me during the best and worst times of my life and during the worst times... I don't know what I would have done without him.  Thank you dad, for loving me no matter what.  Your the best!

We made Grandpa Ron something to hang in his garage!

And to end the day we made a trip to Acute Care.  Boston sounded a little hoarse so I peaked in his throat...and saw a huge chunk of white and knew it was strep.  We only spent 15 minutes at the doctor and we were off to pick up his meds.  He is acting normal so this isnt slowing him down! Hope we caught it soon enough so he'll wont feel any worse. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...