The waffles were still edible!
I have never been good in the kitchen. I am a master at Tator-tot Casserole but who isn't?! I can make cornflake bars, but Derek always whines because there isn't chocolate on the top. Sorry honey, but I don't know how to put that fancy chocolate on the top! I am sure it's not hard, but you see anytime someone tells me 'Oh i have this really easy recipe for you' I screw it up. We were so blessed when Brigham was born, as friends from church brought over delicious meals for us so that we didn't have to worry about cooking meals as we were trying to adjust to life with a newborn. It was seriously the best baby gift ever, especially for a mom/wife who can't cook! A few of the meals that were brought over even came with a recipe card so you knew what was all in the dish and how to make it yourself if you liked it. A friend from church brought over these to-die-for bars. I seriously ate the entire plate full of bars within 8 hours of them being in our house. A few weeks later I was craving them again so I dug out the neat little recipe card she had included. I went to the store, got everything I needed, and then went to work in the kitchen. Half way through making the bars I was thinking 'What is wrong with them?!' I even called her to ask her what I was doing wrong because they were just not looking edible. To make a long story short the bars were awful and I've never tried making them again. Failure!
My goal this winter is to try a new recipe once a week. Derek loves having food on the table when he comes home from work and this summer it has only happened a handful of times. I either can't figure out what to make, or I am still stewing about the fact that the few times I did make a meal he had to eat it cold because he was 'tied up at work' and couldn't get home in time. (gotta love business of car sales!) So if you are reading my blog and have any step-by-step recipe's for dummy's, send them my way! And please include your phone number so you can be reached if the rookie chef has any questions as she is experimenting!
Brigham kicking and squealing this morning at Mickey Mouse Clubhouse on the TV!
P.S. And to show how little I bake...I don't even own a 9x13 pan! If/when I bake bars I put them in a casserole dish! It's going on my Christmas List this year.
No comments:
Post a Comment