Brigham will be 5 1/2 months old this week. He is full of smiles, loves to eat his toes, would eat 3 meals a day of cereal and banana's if we'd let him, and loves to suck on his fingers when he is sleepy! When we were camping last weekend I woke up during the night because I heard a weird slurping sound. It was just Brigham sucking on his fingers! He still wakes up during the night 50% of the time but I've learned to live with it. I figure it's God's way of telling me I don't really need 10+ hours of sleep at night anyway. It usually just takes me flipping him back to his tummy, patting his butt a few minutes and he's out. Some nights he gets himself so worked up I have to rock him a few minutes to calm him down. He is not much of a cuddler, so I love the few minutes I do get with him in the rocking chair during the night. Brigham is off of prevacid! While we were camping last weekend I forgot to give him pills almost the entire 2 days we gone. He seemed to do fine so I gave him a pill here and a pill over the next few days, and then finally just stopped. It's been a week now and he hasn't shown any signs of needing it. So glad to be done with that!
I am loving the cooler temp's! It feels so good to have the windows open and the fresh air blowing through the house. Saturday morning me and the boys went to my friend Heather's house for a few hours. She is pregnant with triplets (yes, 3 babies!!) and is supposed to take it easy, so we went and kept her company and helped entertain her little boy Tyler while her husband was at work. Boston plays so well with any age of kids, so I think both he and Tyler enjoyed the play time!
Sunday night I took Boston to the races at Husets. He loves the sprint cars! Grandpa Ron, Grandma Lisa & Lacey's family also went. It was a fun family night minus Derek & Brigham. I figured the loud cars and 50 degree temp's were no good for a baby, plus Derek really isn't into the races so those 2 stayed home. Monday, the boys and I went to the zoo with Lacey and her kids. Derek worked all weekend so it was up to me to keep us all entertained. We go a little stir crazy if we don't have something fun planned! All in all, it was a great Labor Day weekend & I hope the same for you and your families!
I told you he loves to eat his toes! And see his black eye?! Big Brother accidentally dropped a toy on his eye last week.
He also loves to squirm out of his pj's during the night!
Boston... Thank goodness your handsome because you lack a sense of style! I told him the sweatshirt was too small, but he insisted he wear it.. and no shirt underneath. Yep, that's my boy!
Brigham loves to sit by the window and watch his big brother and the neighbor boys play outside!
Paisley & Boston riding the carosel at the zoo.
No comments:
Post a Comment