You all know the kitchen and I are not friends. On top of that, i'm on a diet so there is nothing 'good' to eat in our cubboards or fridge. Today, Derek got this wild hair to bake his own chocolate chip cookies. It was hilarious listening to him talk to his mom on the phone about his mouth watering craving for cookies 'just like moms'. He wanted her recipe, and also wanted her opinion on whether or not he should bake them on a stone or a cookie sheet. I think he about fell over dead when he realized we had all of the ingrediants in the cubboards (he was 1 cup short on chocolate chips so I quickly ran to the store for him..what a good wife!). Just because I can't bake doesn't mean I don't try to look good when i'm grocery shopping.. filling my cart with all of the fun things that the other mom's are shopping for! You see, I have made Derek cookies before but they always end up in the garbage because no one ever eats them. He say's it's not that they weren't tasty enough, it's just that they weren't plain ole chocolate chips ones. So, since i'm on this fun diet (insert sarcasm!), I haven't tasted the finished product, but they sure smell delicious! Derek has eaten half of what he's baked so far. He say's 'they are just like i remember as a kid'.
I love the 'mixing bowl' he chose :)
Oops, a little on the cubboard and he's dutch, so he's trying to save every last bit!
He realized the bowl he chose wasn't going to be big enough to mix it all together so he chose a tupperware container instead. We DO have mixing bowls :)
He said 'Oh a few of them are kissing'.
Does he look proud?!
Derek was so excited about his cookies, but even more excited that an entire blog post was going to be about him! He feels left out when I don't mention him in my other ramblings. Way to go honey! Proud of ya. Now no more whining because I can't cook or bake...you do a fine job so I think you should just take over!
Okay now I'm hungry =D I love a man who can bake! Good job Derek! (Jamie I hardly ever blog about Eric either, I don't even know why but I rarely even mention him much in blog posts.. oops LOL)
ReplyDelete