Pages

Verse A Day

Sunday, September 4, 2011

I know He spoke to me..

I had no intention of blogging today until I read the 'Verse A Day' that automatically updates at the top of our blog each day. I felt like God was speaking right to me.

"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes?...Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?"  Matthew 6:25, 6:27

I have been struggling lately with things that I know I am not in control of.  I am having a hard time letting go, and letting God lead, so that has been my prayer for an entire week.  I woke up this morning feeling like my prayers were not being answered.  I had the same worries and feelings inside of me that I have had all week.  I felt like no weight was being lifted off of my shoulders.  And then I sat down at my laptop and pulled up our blog only to find a verse that was so fitting for me, and now I feel at peace with it all!  Isn't that crazy how God works?!

I know I am not the only one in the world who worries, or lets people's comments or boasts eat so deep at their insides that they think about it for days at a time.  I am positive that many people struggle with these things.  Unfortunetely, it is a weakness of mine, and it's something I have dealt with my entire life.  I have a hard time counting my own blessings each day, and to not compare what we have to what our friends have, what a complete stranger has, or even what the neighbor's have.  You see my friends.. it's not about material things.  The material things that are so important to everyone now-a-days are not things we take with us when we leave this earth, so why do we focus on them?  Who cares how many square feet my house is ; I have a HOME and it's filled with Love.  Who cares if I haven't shopped for myself lately and that I still wear a pair of blue jeans that I have had for 5 years ; they still fit!  Who cares how much money we make compared to someone else ; We have all that we need and money does not buy happiness!  Our budget hasn't allowed for Derek and I to take a honeymoon ; But we have taken several mini vacations as a family that are just as memorable!  I could go on and on but I better stop..

Our blog has been viewed 25,785 times.  Never in a million years did I ever think that my ramblings would ever be of interest to people. Just yesterday, 197 people read our blog.  C-R-A-Z-Y!  Where am I going with these statistics?  I blog about real life.  The good, bad, and sad.  Today, I know there will be a few people that read my post that are probably struggling with the same things as me.  I pray that the verse i've shared will also help lift some of the weight off of your own shoulders.

Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?

Count your own blessings, there are many! Let go of your worry.    
   
2 of my Blessings!  (the other handsome blessing is working!)  
 

1 comment:

  1. hi...we have never meet, and maybe never will. However, I find your blog very interesting and uplifting. Thanks for sharing.
    Marlys

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...