Pages

Verse A Day

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

I may be getting the hang of this!

I titled this section of my blog 'Dinner for Dummies' for a few reasons.
#1:  Most of these recipes are going to be boring for many of you, but a rookie has to start somewhere!
#2:  There will be times I screw up one of these 'dummy recipes' and all of you reading will laugh hysterically or mumble to yourself 'what is wrong with her!'

The following recipe was a success!  It made so much food that I couldn't even fit it all in one casserole dish, so I put some of it in the freezer (minus the crackers on top) for another meal!  What could be better than trying out a new recipe that you and your family love?  Getting 2 meals out of 1!   I really think i'm getting the hang of these casseroles!  For future reference, if you are looking for a particular post about one of the recipe's I've blogged about, you can click on the 'Dinner for Dummies' page at the top and it will take you to those posts!

Potato Ham Casserole- courtesy of Leah Doom

2 lb frozen hashbrowns
2-3 cups diced ham
1/4 cup melted butter
2 tbsp dried onion  ~Confession:  I stood in front of the spices at HyVee for 20 minutes looking for dried onion.  Maybe it's not even a spice..I honestly have no idea, but I went with minced onion and it tasted delicious!
2 cans cream of mushroom
2 cups grated cheddar cheese
2 cups sour cream
1 cup crushed ritz crackers

Put ham over hashbrowns in a greased 9 x 13 pan.  Mix remaining ingredients (except crackers) in large bowl and pour over top.  Cover with crushed crackers.  Bake at 350 for 45-60 minutes.





1 comment:

  1. I will be trying this one soon. I think my husband would really enjoy this dish.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...