1 package (2.5 oz) dried beef
4-6 thawed chicken breasts (skinned and boneless)
6 slices of bacon
1 can cream of mushroom soup
3/4 cup sour cream
Place chicken over drief beef and top with bacon. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Combine soup and sour cream and pour over chicken, and bake another 50-60 minutes, unconvered.
Derek has kindly mentioned that he really likes onion in a lot of his hotdishes, so I did add some onion on top of the dried beef, chicken and bacon and it added some good flavor.
And for those of you on the diet wagon like me.. the chicken breast can be eaten without the bacon or dried beef to spare yourself some fat and calories, and if you use fat free sour cream that makes it even better! :) 10 down, 10 to go!!
Next on the agenda: Apple Crisp! (YUM!!) Derek's birthday is Thursday and he hinted about craving some apple crisp and ice cream. I called my Grandma Marty today for her recipe! Check back later in the week for the results. I probably need more help in the dessert department than with the main dish, so wish me luck!
I make this with turkey bacon in the crock pot. Just cut the beef and turkey bacon before cooking. SO good! The chicken breasts tend to fall apart or shred, so no chopping of those needed. I have a different name for it too... Wish I could remember!
ReplyDelete