A typical school day last year went something like this:
Me: What did you learn at school today B?
Boston: Not much. We learned about God. Or, I don't really remember.
This year is much different!
Me: What did you learn at school today B?
Boston: We painted and learned about The Tower of Babel (or whatever Bible story they are studying)!
He even remembers who the Lucky Duck is each week and what they had for snack. One thing he can't remember though is his girlfriends name. He calls her 'the girl that wears the zebra hat'. HA!
I am SO PROUD of Boston for all that he is learning this year at school! I feel like God has been busy reassuring me that the decision to hold Boston back from Kindegarten this year was a good one. He knows I was struggling with it. God is good!
Yesterday, Boston and our neighbor boy Evan were playing in the basement. They each had their hands on the side of a tote full of matchbox cars, and were carrying it to the living room together.
Boston: Look Mom! We are doing team work! Just like when they built that tower!
Me: What tower are you talking about? (totally forgot the Bible story he was learning this week!)
Boston: The tower of Babel. They wanted it to be the tallest tower and better than God.
Me: That's a great story bud. What did God think of that tower?
Boston: They forgot about God so he switched their brains. :)
I just love hearing Boston tell us about the Bible stories he is learning. The kid version just puts a smile on my face!
No comments:
Post a Comment